Fair Count has built a large body of work in a relatively short amount of time in the realm of Civic Engagement. From the 2020 Census, to elections, to redistricting, and now to vaccine accessibility, Fair Count uses a long-term power-building model to support increased participation in historically marginalized communities. Fair Count seeks a Program Director who will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of Fair Count’s programs, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
The Program Director will handle the day-to-day operations of a growing nonprofit organization. In this full-time role, she/he/they will develop projects and design processes to support and implement Fair Count’s strategic priorities. This individual will interface with key stakeholders and community partners, including entrepreneurs, investors, innovators, and leaders that are based locally, state-wide, and nationally, before potentially assigning them to the right department coordinator for follow-up. The Program Director supervises all programmatic leads, including the field, data, redistricting, and faith coordinators, and as needed, the Communications and Social Media departments. She/He/They, with acute strategic vision, sees the overlap and opportunities between the departments, and brings them together appropriately, coordinating the Fair Count efforts towards a common goal and vision.
The Program Director in many ways is the glue of the organization. She/He/They will excel at operationalizing ideas, ensuring programmatic connectivity, communicating vision and technique, and guaranteeing that the trains run on time. Talented in both seeing the trees for the forest, and the forest for the trees, the Program Director will be values driven and a positive manager and coach for the departments, collaboratively allowing the best of Fair Count to shine. The Program Director reports to the CEO and Vice President, and will participate
in a weekly leadership meeting. Last, the Program Director will bring to the table a nimble attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit, as Fair Count is a fast-acting organization tethered to a rapidly changing time and place, and expectations and definitions of success will be fluid as the organization grows and navigates new challenges.
Duties of the Program Director include:
· Performing other duties or special projects as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar role;
· Experience in a leadership position on an electoral campaign;
· Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job;
· Cultural competency to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds (having completed progressive racial equity training a plus);
· Understanding and appreciation of metrics-based endeavors, evaluations, and election efforts;
· Responsive and positive team player who enjoys versatility and constant new challenges;
· Appreciation for team building and lateral management strategies;
· Some knowledge on various civic engagment efforts both locally and nationally;
· A strong intellectual curiousity and an unfettered commitment to do good;
· A positive attitufe and jovial determination in difficult situations;
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Docs, Action Network, Dropbox, Facebook, VAN, Mobilize,Twitter and other social media tools; and
· A strong commitment to racial equity and Fair Count’s values.
Fair Count has built a large body of work in a relatively short amount of time in the realm of Civic Engagement. From the 2020 Census, to elections, to redistricting, and now to vaccine accessibility, Fair Count uses a long-term power-building…
Fair Count pays for 60% of an employee's health plan. Fair Count offers a generous vacation and PTO package, fully paid maternity/paternity leave for birth, adoption and foster care parents, and maintains a family-friendly office.
Fair Count pays for 60% of an employee's health plan. Fair Count offers a generous vacation and PTO package, fully paid maternity/paternity leave for birth, adoption and foster care…
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample.