About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund - USA seeks to recruit an Associate Director for fundraising activities in Arizona and Las Vegas. The Associate Director is responsible for managing 250 accounts and a campaign that brings in gifts of $1000 to $4,999. This position reports to our National Campaign Director, Southwest and will be based in Scottsdale with some travel to Las Vegas.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle for approximately 250 accounts
- Have a portfolio which includes managing committees and affinity groups like: the Women for Israel campaign, Lawyers for Israel, Real Estate for Israel, Doctors for Israel, and others, in coordination with local and regional lay leadership
- Identify and develop major gifts and new donor prospects
- Have introductory communications with all donors in your portfolio
- Work closely with key lay leaders, on and off your board, to empower them to help you grow the campaign
- Leverage the great reputation which Jewish National Fund -USA has in Arizona and Las Vegas and work closely with board and committee members and other key lay leaders to expand our footprint
- Enter all touch points and activities in our dynamic and robust donor database keeping the information relating to the donors current. We expect professionals to learn Jewish National Fund Salesforce Database Management System and other software tools as applicable and become proficient in them
- Recruit for Jewish National Fund Missions to Israel
- Recruit for Jewish National Fund National Conference
- Develop fundraising events such as Dinners, parlor meetings, virtual meetings with our affiliates in Israel, and more
- You will be expected to attend meetings and events which also take place in the evening and weekends
- Travel within the US and internationally, which may include Missions to Israel, Jewish National Fund National Conference, and Staff Conference
- Any other duties that your Supervisor may assign to you
- A passion for Israel
- 5+ years fundraising or sales experience, must have proven ability to solicit and close donations with donors
- Interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and speaking
- Creative self-starter, dependable, self-disciplined individual who is able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Superior problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, depending on scheduled JNF events and donor, prospect and lay leadership schedules.
- Travel to other regions and Israel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a CRM Database
At Jewish National Fund, we have:
- An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
- An enthralling 120-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
- An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
- A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
- An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
- Days off for certain Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays”
- Opportunities to visit Israel and provide professional support on missions and tours
- Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.