Details: Salary: $60,000.00 - 75,000.00 Salary Exempt
550 Kearny St.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Classification: Union Professional
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
The Director, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud Implementation, will play a central role in ensuring the success of our corporate partners as they bring the revolutionary Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud (SPC) online within their businesses. The platform was launched by Salesforce and the United Way June 2018 and is now being sold by United Ways across North America. Located as we are in the eight counties surrounding the San Francisco Bay Area, we believe UWBA is poised to be a leader in positioning the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud as a foundational CSR tool for business. To learn more about SPC watch: https://goo.gl/XKCFJj.
Project management, communication and relationship management are all central elements to this role. The successful candidate will be a hands-on project manager who is as comfortable with implementation and communications plans.
As a member of our mission-driven nonprofit, the Director will directly engage with our clients’ Marketing, HR, CSR, and IT teams to deliver employee satisfaction as well as the strategic and financial impact that the SPC platform offers. The successful candidate will collaborate extensively both internally—with the UWBA fundraising and volunteerism account managers—and externally—with the client and members of the international United Way system.
We are looking for a highly talented, inquisitive individual who can assess, plan and manage the details of configuration and with and for our clients. The successful candidate will be our in-house leader in making the SPC experience a positive and a rewarding one for corporate partners and their employees. S/he will be a thought partner as well as a consultant for our clients as they deploy the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud.
What you'll do:
- Lead UWBA and client teams in configuring, customizing, and populating the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud in Bay Area businesses.
- Design semi-customized communications cycles to maximize employee adoption and use of the SPC platform.
- Create, track and manage workflows and timelines to successfully move through the journey from purchase to roll-out and beyond.
- Coach and educate client’s in-house administrators in addressing and resolving set up and configuration issues as they arise, utilizing both original materials and those created on-the-fly.
- Serve as first point of contact for system-wide Service Cloud provider, routing service tickets as needed. This will require strong and collegiate relationships with Finance, Gift Processing and IT.
- Collaborate with UWBA fundraising and volunteerism Account Managers to maximize opportunities to advance the client’s CSR goals and optimize United Way Bay Area profile within SPC.
- Develop and maintain “expert” status with regard to ongoing improvements in the platform, and developments across the system with regard to best practices for implementation, optimization, and customization of the SPC experience. This includes, but is not limited to, acting as the UWBA liaison to system-wide working groups.
Who you are:
You are an active, results-oriented project leader who enjoys helping customers master new tech tools. You have a natural “can-do” customer service approach to your work, as well as a talent for understanding client needs. You are an eager explorer who finds pleasure in experimenting and pushing tools to their limits.
As a high energy, self-starter, you are comfortable working independently and with others. You thrive when you are juggling several high-stakes projects at once. With it all, you are hard-wired to collaborate and work cross-functionally. You understand what it means to work with sales teams, program staff and operations teams as well as end-users.
Your commitment to delivering a multi-faceted project on time is recognized by everyone you work with and it will be welcomed at UWBA. Your grace under pressure and congenial appreciation of your colleagues draws people to you.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of customer-facing technology support experience, preferably in leading instance implementation for clients.
- Experience in a project management work environment with an ability to manage multiple projects
- A minimum of one year of experience in a customer service-oriented role
- Strong Salesforce platform experience, administrator certification desirable.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service internally and externally
- Ability to identify problems and create solutions with minimal oversight
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrable success at meeting facilitation.
- B.A. or commensurate experience.
Salary: $60,000.00 - 75,000.00 Salary Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter
Minimum Education Required