The Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) is an action-oriented non-profit focused on improving health outcomes, experience, and affordability for consumers and purchasers across the United States. Since 1989, PBGH has distinguished itself as a national health care innovator driven by some of the largest and most influential purchasers of healthcare in the country, including Boeing, Intel, CalPERS and Walmart.
PBGH partners with public and private healthcare purchasers to identify, test, and scale innovative models for improving health outcomes and affordability. PBGH and its purchaser members are on the forefront of creating innovation in the healthcare system through employer-led products such as centers of excellence, direct contracting, patient-reported outcomes, and primary care-centered models. PBGH works directly in the healthcare system, policy and measurement arenas to create change.
The Financial Analyst (or Senior Financial Analyst) is a key role on the Finance team, reporting to the CFO. This newly created position will be a key finance liaison to facilitate programmatic success in advancing PBGH’s mission. The talented individual for this role will have the ability to apply his/her strong financial planning, reporting and analytical skills to problem solve and collaborate with the Program team to meet PBGH and external funder requirements. This position will also play a pivotal role in transforming the Finance operations through his/her leadership in implementing and rolling out new tools for budgeting, reporting, analysis, and other functions.
· Assist and drive the annual budget and forecasting process for PBGH and its subsidiary PBGH Negotiating Alliance.
· Report and explain monthly budget to actual variance analysis by entity, cost center, program, and grant.
· Assist with monthly revenue recognition preparation by funding source including grants.
· File financial reports per funder requirements.
· Act as financial consultant advisory to Program.
· Maintain and create finance budget guidelines.
· Understand business drivers and conduct analysis of operations and financial impact questions to continuously improve the business.
· Team with program business partners to develop integrated business information and analytical tools to support fact-based decision making.
· Spearhead special projects such rolling out and training Program to use Adaptive Insight (budgeting and reporting software), vendor contract analysis, business case support (NPV), policy/procedure development, and ad hoc research and reporting needs. Individual must know how to design and develop such special project analysis through past work experience.
· Maintain Adaptive Insights and develop customized reports, migrating as much as possible away from manual excel workbooks.
· Collaborate tightly within Finance team for unified voice and excellence in client service delivery.
· Identify opportunities for increased financial wellness of the organization and partner with Finance team and other colleagues to take advantage of them.
· Partner with Program colleagues in fundraising efforts through maintaining resources for budgeting (e.g., templates) and partnering with program colleagues in developing and finalizing funding requests.
· Maintain calendar of financial reporting requirements and support program colleagues through financial reporting to funders. Work with colleagues and leadership to ensure that PBGH and external funding guidelines and policies are communicated and implemented.
· Know how to create relevant budgets that respond to different situations.
-Partner with leadership and program/business colleagues to implement new revenue and business development opportunities
-Work with external partners and funders to create and implement new mechanisms for supporting PBGH's mission
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
· Bachelor’s in Finance or Business degree with 5+ years of relevant FP&A work experience. MBA desired but not required. Combination of consulting, corporate and complex nonprofit experience a plus.
· Strong Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP) and ability to build financial models from scratch.
· Adaptive Insight or similar financial planning software experience a plus.
· Attention to details with solid data modeling and thorough documentation follow through. Ability to deliver elegant models that also easily renders for scenario planning and visual reporting.
· A self-starter with thirst for continuous learning and professional development.
· An efficiency explorer and solutionist who can scope and design process and system improvements or adoption to effectively reduce time while maintaining or improving service quality. Experience implementing Adaptive Insights and other planning or reporting system changes, a plus.
· Good written and verbal communications with high EQ to support a client service-oriented Finance team.
· Strives to excel professionally with zest and fun.
Base salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience and qualifications. PBGH offers a competitive salary, including year-end bonus potential, a contributory retirement plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.pbgh.org.
The Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) is an action-oriented non-profit focused on improving health outcomes, experience, and affordability for consumers and purchasers across the United States. Since 1989, PBGH has…