HR Generalist, Youth Mountain Bike Nonprofit
- Job posted by National Interscholastic Cycling Association
2414 Sixth Street
Founded in 2009, the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (“NICA”) develops community based mountain biking programs for student-athletes across the United States. NICA provides leadership, services and governance for regional leagues to produce quality mountain bike events, and supports every student-athlete in the development of strong body, strong mind and strong character through cycling.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and Administration, the Human Resource (HR) position is a part time position, responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level, working closely with senior management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual
- Conducts new-employee orientation and on-boarding, ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records while maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performs file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained including contractor information
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations; Initiates communication and payroll tax accounts (SUI & WTH, worker’s compensation, etc.) with state entities for regional staff
- Processes payroll, answers payroll questions, facilitates resolutions to payroll errors, reconciles payroll reports for fiscal year end and yearly audit
- Participates in benefits tasks, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Performs benefits administration, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
- 3+ years of HR experience in a nonprofit; or Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or related field is preferred
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees
- Ability to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
Benefits for PT hourly employees include matching SIMPLE IRA and flex schedule.
Level of Language Proficiency
A love of mountain biking and outdoor recreation is helpful but not required.
Minimum Education Required