703 West Monroe Street
Horizons for Youth provides Chicago students from low-resource areas the opportunity to benefit from a quality education and to receive the comprehensive services necessary to allow them to take full advantage of their education. We believe that with proper support, every student has the ability to recognize and achieve their full potential. Each Horizons for Youth student attends a quality school; meets monthly with an individual Big Sibling mentor; participates in our monthly field trips; benefits from one-on-one tutoring and a first-rate summer academic program.
Horizons for Youth is seeking a part-time licensed clinical social worker (LCSW and LCPC) to support Horizons for Youth students and parents. The LCSW and LCPC will work for 2-8 hours per week to provide ongoing counseling services to individual clients and groups of clients (i.e. families). Clients will range from children ages 5-18 through adults.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform short term counseling to address topics such as:
· Anger management/conflict resolution
· Grief and loss
· Healthy relationships
· Life skills and personal goal setting
• Work with staff to ensure clients are making progress toward personal goals
• Conduct trainings with staff to raise awareness about general student mental health needs and share tools for promoting student self-esteem, self-efficacy and ability to resolve conflict
• Maintain detailed records about each client
• Prospect community-based organizations or individuals that can provide additional mental health support to Horizons for Youth families
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Social Work and clinical license in Social Work
• Minimum two years of experience working with children and parents in a clinical setting
• Experience working in urban environments and familiarity with multicultural groups
• Malpractice insurance
English/Spanish bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Evening and weekend availability required. A criminal background check and verification of employment and degrees will be performed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Maria Guzman, Program Manager
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Wage: $40/1 hour session
Work Environment: The position will be primarily located in the Horizons for Youth office (703 W. Monroe St.)