480 W 42nd ST
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking an experienced, creative, and entrepreneurial COORDINATOR, INDIVIDUAL GIVING AND PATRON EVENTS to support all of Signature’s annual individual fundraising efforts and events.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2014, Signature became the first New York City theatre to receive the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving and Development Operations, this position is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts from a portfolio of donors and prospects, and coordinating all cultivation events throughout the year.
· Manage a portfolio that includes approximately 200 donors and prospects ($500 - $1,800)
· Solicit and secure year-over-year annual giving to the Signature Patron Program, as well as upgrading renewing Patrons, and reviewing prospects for major gifts
· Participate in weekly departmental portfolio review process
· Plan, manage, and execute overall event schedule for Patron benefit events, including Opening Nights, Patron Cocktails, and Sig Salons
· Work with outside vendors to ensure the timely fulfillment of all external services
· Act as liaison with all internal partners and departments on event logistics
· Develop event projections and monitor budget goals in conjunction with the Director of Individual Giving and Development Operations
· Create event budgets and track expenses for reconciliation with the Finance Department
· Create and distribute event and/or income specific reports to Development team
· Provide support to execute informational and fundraising campaigns throughout the year supporting yearly communication calendar and planning
· Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database (Tessitura)
· Maintain Patron and prospect research processes with Patron Program Assistant
Signature Theatre is an energetic, fast-paced, and creative environment. To join our team, we require excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others. Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three to five years development or event planning experience required. A background of working with donors and volunteers is highly desirable. Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player. Ability to think creatively is essential, along with enthusiasm and superb communication skills. The ideal candidate can organize and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully, and can work effectively with trustees, donors and prospects, volunteers, and staff. Evening and weekend hours for performance and Patron events are required.
- Medical, at no cost
- Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance, at no cost
- Disability Insurance, at no cost
- 401(k), with matching contribution
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume with references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please put ‘Coordinator Individual Giving’ in the subject line.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion. Salary commensurate with experience.
Signature Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.
For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org