The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a public, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Senior Manager, Professional Membership position is responsible for growing professional membership by providing value to the health care professional, managing the professional membership experience (including assessing benefits and membership levels, and creating new benefits as needed), and developing marketing campaigns to grow the revenue earned from this program.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design a proactive and creative professional membership strategy that clearly identifies the value proposition.
- Increase the visibility of and engagement with the Foundation for members and prospective members by promoting the Foundation’s value and programs.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Professional Education, Direct Mail staff, IT and Chapter staff, and the Foundation’s National Scientific Advisory Committee to recruit professional members.
- Execute marketing programs and tactics to grow professional membership and increase member retention rates, including but not limited to direct mail, email, and online advertising.
- Interpret membership trends and conduct research and analysis of membership; recommend best practices to refine strategy and value proposition over time.
- Develop and implement membership benefits and services, as well as pricing strategies, to enhance the value of membership, as appropriate, based on needs assessment and strategy.
- Manage member onboarding and engagement, including core benefits and services, as well as regular messaging such as newsletters, to ensure an exceptional membership experience.
- Co-lead National Scientific Advisory Committee Professional Education committee with Director of Professional Education and Engagement.
- Other duties as required.
- Advanced Stakeholder Engagement
- Collaboration Communication
- Customer/Client Focus
- Drive Results
- Executing Tasks
- Guide and Direct Staff
- Relationship Building
- Time Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field required.
- Strong product and service marketing experience.
- Digital and direct mail marketing experience.
- B2B marketing experience preferred.
- Association experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with a membership program, preferably of medical professionals.
- Ability to work full-time and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple projects under tight deadlines; eager to create and achieve activity and reach goals.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent project management techniques, marketing savvy, and advanced computer skills with web expertise.
- Ability to conduct market research, define a value proposition and implement tactics on a value proposition.
- Ability to coordinate and administer multi-faceted programs and projects; multi-task and work independently and efficiently under deadline; maintain quality focus, work effectively with and gain input from various audiences.
- Proven experience and ability to deal professionally with volunteers and collaboratively with a team.
- Related work experience in a health care/medical environment, or not-for-profit program management or membership preferred.
- Ability to work normal business hours.
Subject to state and local law and any legally required accommodations, the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation requires that all employees be fully vaccinated prior to the date of hire.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.