The Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund seeks a full-time Digital Communications Coordinator based in Austin. TFN is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will work at the intersection of TFN’s communications and outreach teams, developing creative strategies and exciting content to promote TFN’s advocacy, organizing and civic engagement efforts. This position will focus especially, though not exclusively, on expanding the online and media footprint of TFN’s Texas Rising program – our project organizing young Texans under 30 years of age. This new position will help diversify the channels and content of TFN’s existing communications strategy, particularly in the digital space.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build a layered digital and earned-media plan for Texas Rising and individual campus chapters, and assist student leaders and outreach staff in implementing plan
- Develop and implement PR plan to increase visibility for TFN’s programing (especially Texas Rising) that extends beyond earned media in traditional political outlets
- Incorporate storytelling, video, and other creative strategies to promote visibility and engagement among TFN’s constituencies
- Assist with creation and design of graphics/images to promote TFN and Texas Rising in digital spaces
- Lead trainings, in one-on-one and group settings, on digital and traditional communication strategy and media skills
- Write and edit content across TFN’s various channels, including social media, email/text alerts, marketing materials, press releases, etc.
- Coordinate with the outreach and field staff to integrate cutting-edge digital strategies into field and organizing campaigns.
- Work closely with comms staff – including digital engagement and data teams – to support all of TFN’s media and communications efforts
Extensive travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants should have demonstrated experience in some mix of: digital organizing, communications, journalism, marketing or public relations. Social media strategy and execution is an important element of the job, as well as a willingness to explore emerging communications tools and formats. Video editing and graphic design skills strongly preferred.
Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization. Entrepreneurial spirit is a plus. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
The Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.
Annual salary for this position is highly competitive; excellent benefits include 100% employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required