POSITION: Supervisor of Social Services
REPORTS TO: Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: LSSNY’s 24-hour supportive housing program serves extremely vulnerable individuals, including people with histories of homelessness and/or mental illness. The Supervisor of Social Services provides leadership, supervision and training to on site social service staff. The Supervisor of Social Services also serves as the liaison between residents and the Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Provides leadership, guidance and administrative supervision to social service staff.
- Provides weekly one-on-one supervision for social services staff.
- Conducts case conferences; resolves client issues.
- Reviews service plans, program notes, and other client documentation to ensure comprehensiveness and compliance with funder, regulatory and LSSNY requirements. Signs off on final documents prior to filing in client charts.
- Audits client records to ensure compliance with funder, regulatory and LSSNY requirements.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
- Provides training to social services staff.
- Provides ongoing feedback and annual job performance evaluations to case managers.
- Supervises incident reporting; strategizes follow-up with social services team.
- Conducts client assessment and crisis intervention.
- Participates in client intake process, including selection and screening of residents.
- Supervises interns assisting with social services work.
- Prepares monthly reports (including statistics and other data) for program funding sources.
- Assists Director with annual reports.
- Approves time cards and changes in staff schedules; monitors attendance of social service staff.
- Completes monthly calendar of events and schedules group activities.
- Assists Director with Human Resource matters, including interviewing and hiring.
- Coordinates with Administrative Assistant regarding office supply orders; may handle petty cash custodial duties and other administrative tasks if needed.
- Serves as on-site liaison for clients.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community resources.
- Assists Director with other functions related to the program.
- Represents Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission and values; upholds agency Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures.
- Licensed Master Social Worker
- Two years’ (minimum) experience as a supervisor in the field of social services.
- Experience working with people with histories of substance abuse, HIV, homelessness and mental illness.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership/team building/coaching skills.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
- Excellent administrative skills; highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong time management; able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
- Flexible; able to work some holidays and weekends.
- Proficient in Internet Navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Bilingual a plus, preferably in Spanish.