Case Planner, Foster Care and Adoption
- Job posted by Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
424 East 147th Street
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking a Case Planner in our Foster Care & Adoption (FC&A) Program. The Case Planner expedites reunification by providing services and advocacy to parents and children temporarily separated because of abuse or neglect by intensive work in parental home neighborhoods. Case Planners must be comfortable arranging and supervising family visits in home neighborhoods and with a high volume of field work. The ideal candidate is able to effectively balance administrative duties with in-the-field assignments.
- Meeting all the mandates of contract agency and New York State for services to families and children referred to us.
- Interviewing parents and children in agency, at home, and in community facilities.
- Accompanying parents to drug treatment programs.
- Maintaining cases records according to City and State standards, annotating all contracts.
- Ensuring the timely entry of progress notes into CONNECTIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Proficient writing, communication, social and organizational skills.
- Prior experience with CONNECTIONS preferred.
- Knowledge of child welfare systems.
Be sure to include: your resume as well as three verifiable, professional references.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Full Time Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Earned Time off
- 403(b) Retirement Program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click on the link provided