Education Assistants Needed in Several Schools and Non-Profits (AmeriCorps Positions)
- Job posted by Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps--Boston
Make a difference for a year and build your professional network!
OPPORTUNITY TO VOLUNTEER WITH CHILDREN, IMMIGRANTS, AND REFUGEES
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers is looking for AmeriCorps volunteers to serve at several locations in the Boston area for the 2018-19 year. Service sites include Jewish Vocational Services, Notre Dame Education Center, Somerville Public Schools, Julie's Family Learning Program and St. Peter Academy. AmeriCorps volunteers receive a living stipend of $13,732 and an Education Award of $5,920 upon completion of their service. Positions with NDMVA are an excellent experience for recent college grads, those looking for a career change, or anyone seeking to make a difference in his or her community. For more information, contact GIna Ndalima at email@example.com.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident (recently naturalized citizens are encouraged to apply).
- At least 18 years old.
- Pass a national service criminal history check of the national sex-offender registry, and FBI fingerprint check, before starting national service.
- Express commitment to complete one year of National Service.
- Training/Professional Development Opportunities
- Living allowance of $13,732/year,
- Free Health care coverage. Member may apply for child-care allowance if needed.
- Eligible for $5,920 education award upon successful completion of AmeriCorps term of Service
- An opportunity for federal student loan forbearance during the term of service
- Low-Cost Community Housing Available
Level of Language Proficiency
Any, Spanish or other languages a plus
Minimum Education Required