445 Park Avenue
The Child Mind Institute seeks a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as the Finance and Planning Analyst. The Finance and Planning Analyst is responsible for aspects of budget planning, forecasting and financial reporting. Additionally, the Finance and Planning Analyst is responsible for ensuring proper stewardship of all grants received by the Child Mind Institute. This role requires someone who is highly analytical and able to simultaneously see the big picture and the details within it.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this is an exempt, full time position in our Midtown headquarters.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assembles and analyzes information used to prepare budgets
· Prepares rolling forecasts, dashboards and financial reports
· Assist in the development of financial models and analyses
· Assists in the development of budgets and other reports for grants
· Collaborates with other department managers on grant application and submission process
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field AND minimum of three years demonstrated experience in fiscal management and/or financial analysis
· Experience with Abila Fund Accounting Software (formerly MIP) a plus
· Experience with corporate performance management software a plus (such as Prophix or Adaptive)
· Working knowledge of grant policies and processes
· Should be familiar with federal and non-federal research regulations and polices
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced excel skills are a must
· Able to communicate complex concepts and findings to general audience
· Motivated self-starter with great attitude, flexibility, and entrepreneurial spirit
· Able to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.