2030 Harrison Street, 3rd Floor
The Development Associate will provide critical support to Aim High’s development efforts, with a focus on donor acknowledgments, prospect research, data entry, and fundraising and event support. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Development, this position is an ideal opportunity for an individual interested in a career in nonprofit management or fundraising. The Development Associate will gain valuable hands-on experience in many areas of fundraising including donor stewardship and cultivation, database management and event coordination.
● Send weekly gift acknowledgment letters
● Send bi-monthly donor milestone postcards (1 year and 5 years)
● Coordinate and mail pledge agreement letters; (e)mail invoices and pledge reminders as
● Maintain database files for all constituents, prospects, and campaigns; actively update records, and ensure consistent formatting of all records.
● Support grants team in uploading any necessary grant documentation.
Fundraising and administrative support:
● Provide event coordination and support for annual gala, annual luncheon, annual summer visiting days, career days, and other donor events as needed. Collaborate closely with Community Engagement Manager.
● Support all mailings, including but not limited to annual appeals, event invitations and marketing content.
● Conduct prospect research on individual donors and prospects.
● Support external fundraisers by helping with calendar and appointments and entering meeting
and phone call notes into development database.
● Provide back-of-the-house support for Board meetings and other external donor meetings
including taking notes, drafting agendas, and working with Communications Manager to prepare
slide decks and other collateral.
● Monitor stock of mail supplies and order more as necessary (including stamps, envelopes,
● Attention to Detail - Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component
of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming.
● Teamwork - Work productively and achieve group goals within a team setting while being
aware of the perspectives of each individual member.
● Flexibility - Be responsive and adjust plans and priorities based on current situation and needs.
● Multi-tasking - Move seamlessly between any number of prioritized tasks and functions, as
● Time Management - Effectively prioritize and execute projects based on time estimates and relative importance.
● Bachelor's degree required. 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
● CRM database experience (Salesforce preferred)
● Full-time, 40 hours per week
● Classification: Non-Exempt
● Competitive salary commensurate with experience
● Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid sick leave and generous vacation
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Aim High is an equal opportunity employer. Aim High seeks diversity in its community and affords equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid sick leave and generous vacation
Minimum Education Required