58 Berkeley Street
Founded in 1885, Ellis is a Boston-based nonprofit providing inner city working families with high quality early education and care, and out-of-school time programs for youth. The goal of all Ellis programs is to engage, educate and empower.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO provides comprehensive, high-level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors; supports other leadership staff as requested by the CEO; and coordinates the agency’s human resources tasks.
• Assists CEO with internal and external project management
• Manages calls and correspondence for the CEO and administrative office
• Responds to requests for information and/or support from the CEO and/or Board; researches and drafts responses to correspondence received by CEO
• Drafts annual and monthly reports for the Board as directed by the CEO, provides annual calendar of meetings, ensures all materials are distributed to Board members in a timely manner
• Maintains updated contact list for CEO and Board; distributes as required
• Coordinates all Board meetings, including notifying members, sending meeting materials in advance, coordinating space, and food, beverage and conference call procedures
• Provides information and support to Board members as directed
Human Resources Management
· Assists program directors with updating job descriptions as needed
· Recruits staff for open positions; screen resumes and forwards to hiring managers
· Provides comprehensive agency orientation to new staff, including benefits and payroll enrollment
· Maintains and updates human resources policy manual and parent manual as needed
• Maintains accurate, confidential employee files for personnel records
• Serves as staff liaison in the administration of benefits; maintains contact with benefit vendors and oversees accounts
· Coordinates staff meetings and agency events as directed by the CEO
· Maintains and updates administrative procedures manual for the CEO
· BA Degree with five years of progressive responsibility in executive administration
· High-level customer service skills projecting a welcoming, helpful organization
· Excellent time management and critical thinking skills; able to manage and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment and adjust as needed to changing priorities
· Superior oral and written communication skills when interacting with a broad and diverse range of constituents
· Commitment to maintaining the highest levels of accuracy and timeliness when managing projects
· Skilled in using MS Office suite, familiar with Constant Contact and social media platforms
Competitive salary and benefits package including vacation and sick time, health insurance, dental insurance, 401k.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit résumé and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.