Details: Excellent benefits; salary commensurate with education and experience.
1 Monument Drive
Princeton Community Housing, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that develops, owns and manages affordable rental homes in Princeton, NJ, seeks an enthusiastic Development Coordinator to provide administrative and programmatic support in fundraising and related tasks to the Executive Director, Development Committee, and Capital Campaign Committee. The Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and the Director of Finance.
Unquestionable integrity and a commitment to professional ethics are a must, along with an ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
This is a growth position: the successful candidate will be encouraged to seek and develop the necessary skills and experience to take on increasing development responsibility in a dynamic and growing organization.
· Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and members of the Development Committee to achieve and exceed fundraising goals
· Hold primary responsibility for management, integrity and accuracy of donor records and processing all gifts, pledges and bequests in compliance with the recording and reporting requirements of applicable federal and state regulations and guidelines, the organization’s policies and recognized industry best practices
· Assist with meetings coordination and events logistics, including preparation of agendas, membership rosters, calendars, income reports, event briefs and time-sensitive correspondence as well as tracking RSVPs
· Maintain organization’s GuideStar and Charity Navigator profiles
· Ensure that all approved donor outreach communications, such as Annual Appeal letters, annual Gala invitations and ticketing, Annual Reports, Capital Campaign materials and pledges, gift acknowledgement letters, Constant Contact communications, posting and management of development related content on the organization’s Website and Social Media are issued in a thorough, professional and timely manner
· Provide prospective donor research and data analysis to support the program, as needed
· Provide front line support at the annual Gala and at other special events
· Coordinate communication with outside vendors for the efficient production of development materials and collection of third-party-processed online donations
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Research and regularly update foundation files using website searches and online databases including Foundation Directory Online and GuideStar.
· Maintain the calendar of grant proposal and report deadlines.
· Draft Letters of Intent; proofread grant proposals, reports, and budgets; prepare required supplemental materials; and ensure submission/delivery.
· Draft acknowledgement letters
· A 4 year bachelor’s degree is required, with a minimum of 2 to 3 years of prior development experience, preferably with a not-for-profit organization.
· Familiarity with fundraising techniques including, but not limited to, proposal writing, public relations, donor relations and stewardship, prospect research.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Copy editing and/or professional writing experience a plus.
· Robust technology skills (Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel and website content management systems, etc.); database experience with GiftWorks is a plus.
· Detail-oriented and well organized with ability to work both as a team member and independently.
· Solid work ethic, self-starter, curious problem-solver who takes initiative when appropriate.
· Ability to manage time efficiently, to prioritize and to juggle multiple tasks.
· Personable and able to form solid relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Sincere interest in the organization’s mission; availability to work some extra evenings and weekends as necessary.
Princeton Community Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English; ability to communicate in Spanish is desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send via email only a resume and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and how you heard about this opportunity. Also include one relevant writing sample (no longer than 2 pages). Please forward the information to:
Edward Truscelli, Executive Director, Princeton Community Housing