331 E. 70th Street
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House is a 124-year-old settlement house widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers. Founded in 1894 as a kindergarten for immigrant children, the Neighborhood House now serves 15,000 in need each year through a wide array of effective and integrated services – social, educational, legal, housing, health, mental health, nutritional and fitness. We are committed to achieving an ongoing, organizational culture of excellence – programmatically, operationally and fiscally – and to being the highest achieving nonprofit in New York City. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit our website at www.lenoxhill.org.
We are seeking a Policy and Advocacy Manager to join us and help us continue our organizational vision and advancement. The Policy and Advocacy Manager is a new position, reporting to our Executive Director, and will work closely with senior leadership to develop and manage a growing policy agenda that will seek to impact policies and systems that directly affect our clients and other low-income New Yorkers.
Key responsibilities include advocacy, strategic planning, internal and external communication, capacity building, mobilization and outreach. This person will be a dedicated non-profit professional with real world experience working with human service programs, will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and will have strong advocacy, research and writing skills.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership team, assist in developing the organization’s policy and advocacy priorities, relevant to our mission of improving the lives of New Yorkers in need.
- Coordinate and conduct advocacy activities on a wide range of relevant issues, including effecting improvements in the Human Services sector; achieving social and legal justice for low income New Yorkers; and increasing local food sourcing of institutional providers.
- Cultivate diverse partnerships and relationships with stakeholders, including advocacy coalitions, umbrella groups, community-based organizations and individuals in order to maximize our impact.
- Developing advocacy and campaign materials aimed at education and mobilization.
- Develop and draft policy publications, reports, testimony and regulatory comments to advance our advocacy agenda.
- Work collaboratively with key staff to leverage capacity for social innovation and increase systemic impact in our sector.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to the mission of Lenox Hill Neighborhood House and passion for advocacy in order to improve our impact on issues affecting the lives of our clients. S/he will have relevant advocacy, policy and communications experience, preferably in the human service sector. S/he will have demonstrated initiative, the ability to work well under pressure and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to undertake complex projects in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills. It is essential that this individual possess the style, stature and interpersonal skills to work effectively with many of diverse backgrounds to bring Lenox Hill Neighborhood House to its next level of excellence. Relevant graduate degree preferred (e.g., JD, MPA, MSW, MPH, PhD). Excellent compensation and benefits package available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.