Full Time Temporary
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Type: Full time, temporary through August, with potential for permanent position
Location: Downtown Oakland
CLCV intends to change the course of environmental history in California by recruiting and helping elect environmental candidates to public office and holding them accountable, and by advocating for California to lead the nation on climate change and environmental policy. If the United States is going to lead the world to save our planet from the threat of climate change, then California must set the example for our nation. The Executive Director of CLCV and CLCVEF needs an extraordinary executive assistant to help make that change.
The Executive Assistant will assist the Executive Director by providing support for all the activities of the Executive Director and the CLCV and CLCVEF boards. This person is the liaison for the Executive Director with the two boards and all external constituents including major donors, elected officials, partner organizations, and agency personnel.
- Administrative liaison for Executive Director’s activities including but not limited to managing calendar of appointments, scheduling meetings & conference calls, compiling and coding credit cards & expense reports, preparing correspondences, and scheduling travel and lodging arrangements.
- Provide on-site support (e.g. tech support, etc.) for meetings, conference calls, and video conferencing as needed.
- Arrange logistics for in-person meetings including restaurant reservations and occasional catering.
- Communicate regularly with other administrative, professional, and managerial staff and external contacts.
Board of Directors
- Arrange venue and catering for two annual meetings for 22-member CLCV Board and 12-member CLCV Education Fund Board and one annual two-day Board retreat in conjunction with 19-member Green Advisory Council.
- Serves as administrative staff to respective Boards and Boards’ subcommittees in scheduling, set-up, and coordination of meetings and catering service, attendance of all board meetings, recording and maintaining in-person and telecom meeting minutes, handling of day-of meeting logistics, and other related follow-up duties.
- Coordinate with senior staff to ensure that Board materials are completed and submitted to Board members a week in advance of scheduled meetings.
- Ensure Board committee meetings are scheduled in a timely manner prior to Board meeting.
- Manage other related Board events in conjunction with Board meetings – travel and lodging arrangements for staff, lodging and dinner reservations for Board members for Annual offsite Board retreat, etc.
- Maintain current and accurate board rosters, contacts, and emailing lists.
- Develop and maintain board orientation binder; provide to new members, revise and update materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship and good communication with board members.
· Assist in planning and staffing of annual fundraisers in San Francisco and Los Angeles; semi-annual all-day staff meetings in Oakland; Sacramento conference and advocacy day; and other events as needed.
- General receptionist duties
- Manage incoming mail, including handling of membership and grant checks.
- Process program contributions, including logging payments, scanning checks, and sending acknowledgements.
- Draft, revise, proofread and finalize correspondence, minutes, board reports, the California Environmental Scorecard, blast emails, event journals, development materials, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Assist other management staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience supporting executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
· Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and common sense
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Raiser’s Edge capability preferred
Ability to maintain confidentiality
CLCV offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage; a 401(k) retirement program with employer match; discounted pre-tax Commuter Checks for public transit; flexible spending account (FSA) for health care expenses; paid vacation, personal time, and floating holidays; optional life insurance; and employee assistance and travel assistance programs.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to CLCVjobs@ecovote.org, with the subject line “Executive Assistant.” No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The California League of Conservation Voters and CLCV Education Fund are committed to equity, inclusion, and environmental justice. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we seek to create and sustain a team that reflects the diversity of the state we serve. We welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds, especially those with experience working with communities most impacted by California’s environmental challenges.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.