1010 Harrison Avenue
Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries (Goodwill) is seeking a Controller. Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $35 million not-for-profit organization that helps individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not charity, but a chance.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for managing all accounting operations including preparation of financial reports, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, financial reports, payroll, cash management and internal controls. The Controller is responsible for managing a staff of five.
To be successful, candidates for this position must have:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting experience, including supervision of an accounting department, preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- CPA or CMA a plus but not required
- Knowledge of accounting software and reporting packages
- Knowledge of various payroll systems
- Proven management skills and ability to coach and develop the accounting team
- Strong analytical skills and reasoning skills
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent computer and accounting skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong communications and relationship management skills, professional demeanor and ability to thrive in a diverse environment
- Recruits, trains, develop and supervises accounting staff
- Administers the month end and year end closing process and ensures all work is completed efficiently and on time
- Manages all payroll and time tracking functions
- Reviews and approves all monthly account reconciliations
- Prepares monthly financial statements and board reports
- Analyzes financial results and monitors budget to actual variances. Assists operations managers in analyzing the results
- Implements and deploys yearly budget module and directives utilizing budget software
- Oversees daily cash flow and ensures monthly bank reconciliations are completed and open items are resolved
- Oversees production of daily sales flash report to management
- Reviews weekly and monthly 403B activity and payments
- Reviews and records all activity for Investment, Perpetual Trust and Split Interest Agreement Accounts
- Works with the Development Department to accurately record contributions and pledges. Assists with the reconciliation between the General Ledger and Raisers Edge database
- Manages the annual audit with the external auditors and acts as primary liaison with their audit team
- Prepares draft 990, UFR and MA PC schedules for external auditors
- Manages external audits with various funding agencies as requested
- Prepares Goodwill International monthly (MSR) and yearly financial reporting (ASR)
- Reviews and maintains accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
- Prepares other compliance and regulatory reports
- Assists CFO with bank relationships and administers all user access to banking
- Assists with the preparation of proposals and contracts
- Oversees financial reporting software and development of new reports
- Participates in the design and implementation of financial systems
- Oversees all contract and billing functions
- Provides leadership in maintaining strong internal communications with staff at all levels, promoting a positive and supportive work environment
- Collaborates with senior management to ensure a solid understanding of accounting and finance policies and procedures, proactively explores continuous system and process improvements to enhance how the finance function supports overall operations
Goodwill offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package, and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on line at https://www.goodwillmass.org/careers-at-goodwill.