Details: Full-time exempt position
2140 Shattuck Avenue
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Foster Youth in Action (FYA) is seeking a Lead Organizer to connect, elevate and strengthen the organizing capacity of our growing national network of foster youth leaders and youth-led organizations across the US. The Lead Organizer will bring their expertise in organizing and commitment to youth leadership to build out our emerging national community of foster youth leaders and adult supporters, and grow the capacity and confidence of individual youth and their respective grassroots groups to organize for change in their communities and states.
- Grow our online community of youth activists and adult supporters, increasing engagement, accelerating shared learning, forging new connections, and raising up priority issues of our base using a variety of platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and SnapChat, and Medium.
- Partner with the Director of Programs to identify and recruit new FYA partners in order to grow our national network.
- Manage FYA’s Movement Builders Fellows – a cohort of young adult organizers from selected FYA partners. Responsibilities include coordinating the yearly Youth Organizing Institute, facilitating monthly community building & skill share opportunities, and providing Fellow-led trainings throughout the year.
- Plan, develop curriculum for, and co-lead occasional multi-day Youth Organizing Training Intensives for our FYA partners.
- Collaborate with FYA staff and advisory committee to carry out our yearly Leaders for Change Conference, which brings together delegations of foster youth change agents and their adult supporters from across our national network.
- Prepare and support youth consultants and trainers to collaborate with FYA staff in the design and facilitation of technical assistance and training services for our partners and other clients.
Benefits package, including health care and generous vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter via email to Anna Gennari at email@example.com. Please use “Lead Organizer” as your subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline June 22nd, 2018 or until filled.
FYA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome & celebrate diversity. Because we work to mobilize foster youth as leaders and advocates, applicants with experience with the foster care system are strongly encouraged to apply.