SY18-19 Impact Prep ELA Teacher
Grade Level: 6-8
Start Date: Summer, TBD
Location: Impact Prep at Chesnut South
Impact Prep is an innovative public middle school in the Springfield, Massachusetts community. Our vision at Impact Prep is the creation of a learning environment where students are academically equipped and socially inspired. Graduating eighth grade students from Impact Prep will leave performing at or above grade level on the MCAS and – equally important – will have developed a character compass to guide their future decisions.
Our vision is grounded in the belief of our CORE VALUES:
Character – Achievement – Resilience – Excellence
Our goal is simple: to prepare scholars with the educational and societal skills they will need to succeed in middle school, high school, and college. Ultimately, scholars will become leaders and responsible contributing members of their communities.
We are currently seeking educators who want to become Impactors! We are seeking those who are excited about the opportunity to join our team and help to assist us in transforming the lives of scholars in Springfield, Massachusetts.
About the Springfield Empowerment Zone Partnership
In 2015, the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and Springfield Public Schools partnered to form the Springfield Empowerment Zone Partnership (SEZP). SEZP is committed to ensuring that the middle and high schools in “The Zone” are engaging environments where teachers receive the supports they need to grow professionally, and students have the opportunity to acquire the academic and personal skills to succeed in the college or career of their choice.
Each SEZP school has the autonomy to craft and implement its own, unique vision for success and receives support from an ecosystem of national-caliber partners. Furthermore, Teacher Leadership Teams at each school ensure that teacher voice is heard and that there is strong communication between school administration and staff.
Teaching in SEZP
SEZP is seeking educators who are excited to work in a collaborative, engaging, diverse, and high energy environment. We are seeking team players committed to the SEZP mission, high expectations, and their own professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Appropriate content/program area educator license (ELA) and grade level (Middle School) licensure from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- A track record of success working with students and proven expertise in middle school instruction
- High expectations for self and others, and a willingness to hold self and others accountable to these expectations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and families
- Commitment to professional growth and regularly seeking out opportunities to improve instructional practice
- Belief and alignment with SEZP’s core beliefs and philosophy, including the belief that each and every child can excel academically
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage interrelated tasks
- Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing abilities (Spanish)
SEZP offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; salaries for new teachers start at $49,000. Teachers in SEZP qualify for benefits (personal/sick days, health insurance, etc.) offered to other teachers in the Springfield Public Schools.
Positions will be filled on a rolling basis; applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How to Apply
We invite you to be a part of the movement to transform the school experience for our city’s students through the Springfield Empowerment Zone Partnership.
For more detailed job descriptions and a full list of our current vacancies, please visit our website and apply now!
Level of Language Proficiency
Preferred: Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing abilities (Spanish)
Minimum Education Required