The Partnership Development Associate is a passionate and detail-oriented individual who supports the fundraising and partnership management functions of the organization. The candidate for this role will ideally have robust organization, time-management, research, customer service and interpersonal communication skills (especially written), ultimately supporting the organization’s revenue goals and development strategy. Through prospecting, research projects, external-facing digital and printed materials, data collection, analysis, and reporting, the Associate will play a critical role in helping to maintain, cultivate, build out and diversify the organization’s pipeline of funding partners, stakeholders, champions and advocates.
Based out of our headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD and reporting to the Vice President of Development & Strategic Partnerships, this is an incredible opportunity to be part of a team that is changing how STEM education is delivered, with a specific focus on underserved communities. The ideal team member will be solutions-oriented, high-energy, creative, flexible, and able to handle rapidly changing circumstances with grace. In return, we offer an unparalleled opportunity to be part of the next big thing in STEM education, excellent benefits, and an entrepreneurial work environment that supports individual growth and success.
• Support department’s revenue goals by executing and building upon existing fundraising strategy.
• Conduct research and prospecting activities to identify new potential sources of funding (i.e.
corporate, foundation and high net-worth individuals) and stakeholders that are aligned with our
work. Determine giving potential, giving history, decision makers, aligned areas of work, etc.
• Identify well-aligned potential grant opportunities to pursue and apply.
• Coordinate and schedule prospect and partner meetings (through cold outreach, networking, etc.)
for fundraisers and leadership via phone meetings, in-person meetings, etc.
• Initiate and maintain relationships with prospective donors and existing partners, and interact via
e-mail, telephone and in person with institutional representatives
• Develop and prepare presentation and marketing materials in advance of, or as follow up to,
meetings with prospects, partners and/or other external audiences.
• Support grant writing by creating content used for grant applications, newsletters, blogs, and
other external facing communication mediums as needed.
• Provide customer service support for existing partners, identify activation opportunities and
develop unique and innovative ways to thank and highlight our partners and their work.
• Complete reporting metrics of executed programs by collaborating with our Programs Team to
collect data and supporting materials necessary to fulfill requirements related to the given grant
program and/or funding partner.
• Research articles, stories, resources or other content relevant to our partners and potential
partners to stay current and apprised of latest industry and partner news.
• Manage multiple timelines for various fundraising activities (including reporting and grant
application deadlines). Create new organizational tracking system to more efficiently track grant
application deadlines, reporting deadlines, etc.
• Data entry, invoice creation and submission, and other administrative duties as needed.
• Collaborate across all program teams and leadership as necessary (Strategic Partnerships,
Communications & Programs, office of the CEO).
• Minimum of 2 years of non-profit work experience (preferably in the education space) working in a
supporting role, ideally in a fundraising and/or account management capacity.
• B.A., B.S. or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrate excellent and effective time management, organization, problem-solving & research
skills, and possess strong attention to detail.
• Must be proficient in data entry, tracking, analysis, and reporting, and familiar with Salesforce
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, and manage laterally and
upwards with a collaborative approach.
• Possess robust communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, and be self-motivated
• Must be fluent in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
Familiarity in working with MailChimp and WordPress a plus.
• Ability to work nights and weekends on an as needed basis for events, deadlines, etc.
• Ability to work full-time from our Gaithersburg office.
The fine print
Learning Undefeated offers competitive salary plus many benefits to its employees, including paid leave, health insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. This is a full-time position. The candidate will be selected for hire based on the following criteria: Education, experience, subject area of expertise, communication skills, professional references, background check, and availability. Learning Undefeated embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To apply: Submit resume AND cover letter to email@example.com.
About Learning Undefeated, Inc.
Learning Undefeated, Inc. is a non-profit organization that brings life-changing STEM experiences and resources to under-resourced communities by providing equitable access to education and inspiring students to imagine their own success. Through innovative and experiential education programs for grades K-12, we are sparking interest in STEM careers, building the workforce that will drive the innovation economy, and bridging school, community, health, and business.
Since 2003, Learning Undefeated has served more than 250,000 students across more than 600 schools in 18 states. Learning Undefeated’s interdisciplinary approach uses science, technology, engineering and mathematics to explore real-world, problem-centric curricula that help to increase student confidence in STEM topics and techniques, exciting students about STEM careers and building the STEM workforce of tomorrow. Learning Undefeated accomplishes this through a diverse set of programs, including its flagship mobile laboratory education programs, after school programs, and intensive summer camps.
The Partnership Development Associate is a passionate and detail-oriented individual who supports the fundraising and partnership management functions of the organization. The candidate for this role will ideally have robust…