High School Operations Manager
231 Palmetto Street
The Operations Manager is an integral part of MESA Charter High School’s success. The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Operations (DOO) and works closely with the DOO and other members of the Leadership Team to ensure optimal systems and procedures are implemented across the organization.
- You might be a fit for this role if you are:
- An Experienced Teacher who is extremely organized and systematic and looking for a new challenge
- A school operations associate or coordinator who is looking for an opportunity to grow
- An operations professional from a different field who is looking to transition into a school environment.
Math, Engineering, and Science Academy (MESA) Charter High School is a community high school in Bushwick, Brooklyn. We opened our doors on August 19, 2013, and we now have 465 students in grades 9-12. We graduated our first class of seniors in June 2017 and our graduation rate is 92%. Our students come from more than forty different middle schools, including public, parochial, and charter schools. Some are advanced students coming from magnet schools; others are beginning English Language Learners. What they all have in common is a desire to succeed. MESA students come to school every day, ready to work—we have a 95% attendance rate and a 97% punctuality rate, both significantly higher than other high schools in our district! When it comes to regents pass rates, MESA outperforms its peers by a rate of 20-30%!
Operations Manager Job Duties Include:
- Maintain all student information on ATS, New York City’s internal database system
- Manage student Metrocard inventory, assign new cards, and replenish stock as necessary
- Assist DOO with updating and maintaining student immunization records
- Conduct bi-yearly inventory of student files
- Assist DOO with planning and execution of large and small scale facilities projects
- Conduct and maintain inventory of student and staff furniture
- Organize and execute student locker system (including maintenance of combinations)
- “Own” maintenance and upkeep of MESA common spaces such as Teacher Center and staff kitchens.
- Assist DOO with creating of purchase orders in accordance with MESA’s Fiscal Policies and Procedures
- Maintain accurate inventory of fixed assets, along with all asset tagging and location tracking
- Regular support and maintenance of student technology, in conjunction with MESA’s technology support team
- Develop and maintain calendar of classroom technology usage (laptop carts, computer lab usage, etc.)
- Assist with student meal service, data, and compliance on a daily basis
- Assist DOO with special/time-sensitive projects throughout the year, including but not limited to: summer inventory, school year startup, student lottery, parent conference setup, assemblies, end of year classroom breakdown
Qualifications: (1) Demonstrated record of ability to manage high-volume workload on tight deadlines; exceedingly strong interpersonal skills; (2) Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Operations Management, Organizational Management, Business or related field; (3) At least two years previous experience in Operations capacity at a charter school or similar environment; (4) Strong written/verbal communication skills; (5) Solutions-oriented, “game” attitude with “all-hands-on-deck” mentality.
To apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining specifically why you are interested in MESA to Arthur Samuels, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Operations Manager.” APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY. Due to the nature of the position and the volume of applications received, MESA will not be able to reply to all submissions. MESA will contact candidates with next steps.
Minimum Education Required