4827 Rugby Avenue
CollegeTracks’ mission is to change the lives of low-income students in the Montgomery County Public School System (MCPS) by helping them get into college, and succeed once they get there, with college admissions counseling, financial aid advising, and college success advising.
Every low-income student in Montgomery County should have the chance to go to college—with the guidance and support they need to get there, graduate and get on a pathway to a career. Our vision is to expand to more high schools to deliver our services to the many more students who need them.
CollegeTracks offers two proven programs:
The Access Program focuses on admissions and financial aid advising, expands awareness of college and career options, identifies colleges that fit each student, uses a “Milestones to College” student workbook to take students through the critical milestones of the college admissions process, advises on college decisions, engages parents, provides hands-on help with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other scholarship applications, advocates with college financial aid officers, and helps analyze financial aid packages to find enough financial aid to ensure students will not be saddled with burdensome debt.
The Success Program supports these students once they are in college. CollegeTracks helps them manage the organizational, academic and social challenges they may face so they can persist and graduate. The program teaches critical college success skills, helps each student develop a four-year plan, monitors and supports student academic performance, helps students secure ongoing financial aid, and provides individual coaching as needed.
CollegeTracks is featured in the 2014-2015 Catalogue for Philanthropy and has become a recognized leader in college access and success in Montgomery County and nationally.
CollegeTracks seeks an energetic, self-motivated, passionate and highly skilled individual to serve as a College Success Coach for its College Success Program. We are looking for a mature, creative, self-motivated, organized person who is passionate about coaching students through college; has experience working with youth in fast paced, diverse environments; can master, analyze, and manage complex information and data quickly; and has strong interpersonal and organization skills.
The College Success Coach is a critical member of the CollegeTracks team supporting and working with both the college Access and Success programs and reports directly to the Success Program Director. S/he will work closely with the College Success Program team to:
(1) Implement programming that supports students’ academic, financial and personal knowledge as they transition from high school to college, with an emphasis on skills training that will foster success in a university setting.
(2) Deliver the Success Program by coaching a caseload of college students and monitoring the progress of students through the following Success Milestones:
· Enroll in College
· Establish academic & career goals
· Connect to campus activities & resources
· Identify & declare a major
· Earn credits to progress to a degree
· Renew & secure financial aid
· Secure career-relevant internships & jobs
· Provide one-on-one college and career coaching to students about the entire college transition, matriculation, retention, and financial aid processes
· Work individually with students to develop and maintain a comprehensive degree completion plan by utilizing CollegeTracks’ Success Tools
· Meet with college students on campus or virtually each semester to assess the status of their academic, financial, and career goals and provide support
· Facilitate workshops to provide college readiness skills training to students
· Serve as an advocate for students
· Work closely with students to identify and deal with potential barriers to academic and personal success
· Develop program events to foster a strong student cohort community and program cohesiveness
· Create and manage behavioral “nudges” to ensure student engagement and program participation
· Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with students, college administrators, counselors, professors, staff, community groups, and CollegeTracks staff and volunteers to support student development
Data Management & Analysis
· Collect and input student data into CollegeTracks’ Salesforce database system to track student performance, program activity, and student outcomes
· Use Salesforce reports to identify students for interventions and opportunities and to manage communication
· Serve as CollegeTracks program champion with target colleges and broader community
· Identify potential opportunities for collaboration with CollegeTracks staff, university administrators, campus departments, and other groups
· Provide information and reports as needed, for grant applications, other funding/collaboration opportunities, and special projects
· Bachelor’s degree with coursework in education, social work, counseling, or related fields (Master’s Degree strongly preferred)
· Prior work experience in college success program, higher education, college access, youth development, teaching and/or counseling
· Working knowledge of college admissions, higher education (certificate, 2-year, and 4-year programs), college retention, and public school systems
· Work experience in multicultural and multilingual student and family environments
· Background in education, nonprofits, business, communications
· Experience with program/event design and management and curriculum development
· Strong computer skills required in Microsoft applications including Excel and Publisher
· Demonstrated proficiency with database programs and data analysis - familiarity with Salesforce or similar relational database platform a plus
· Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills; effectiveness in the role depends on ability to build strong relationships with students, CollegeTracks colleagues, high school staff, campus staff, volunteers, and community members
· Excel at working autonomously, remotely, and in inter-department work groups
· Proven problem-solving and independent decision making skills
· Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
· Strong written and verbal communication (including strong research skills)
· Comfortable multi-tasking in fast paced work environments
- Sense of humor
- Passionate about equal access to higher education; willing to advocate relentlessly on behalf of our students
- Access to reliable transportation, smart phone, and laptop required
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health, Dental, and Long-term Disability insurance plans
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Health Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
2. Cover letter that explains how your skills and qualifications meet the position requirements
3. List of three professional references (including two recent supervisors)
4. In a document separate from your Resume & Cover Letter, include your salary history and desired salary range
Please note: CollegeTracks will verify academic credentials before hiring. New hires will be required to submit fingerprints for criminal background checks.
*Resumes submitted without a cover letter and the requested salary information will not be reviewed.