Education Coordinator (bilingual English/Spanish)
- Job posted by National Alliance on Mental Illness, Los Angeles County
Are you looking for a rewarding employment opportunity that will also grow your leadership and management skills? Do you enjoy being a part of the rich culture of the Latino community? Are you a natural teacher, mentor and inspirer? Do you have management experience? We are looking for someone to take ownership of and grow a leadership position within the National Alliance on Mental Illness Los Angeles County Council (NAMI LACC). You will ensure we deliver excellent programming and meet contract requirements, in addition to helping eliminate myths, fear and stigma around mental illness.
NAMI LACC is an association of the twelve Los Angeles County affiliates of NAMI, the nation’s largest primarily volunteer-run organization building better lives for people affected by mental illness. NAMI LACC represents over 1,000 members including people living with serious mental illness, their families, friends, and supporters. All our support groups, educational programs, and outreach presentations to individuals, families, educators, law enforcement, schools and anyone affected by mental illness, are absolutely free. We tirelessly fight stigma through our programs and outreach efforts. We want to make the world a better place for everyone affected by mental illnesses.
As the Education Coordinator, you will...
- Travel within and be familiar with the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valley communities, which are culture-rich in tradition
- Establish, implement and manage health education and support programs
- Successfully lead, support and manage volunteers in the work you delegate
- Help build a solid infrastructure for an expanding program
- Interact and network pleasantly with a variety of audiences including students, applicants, teachers and the general public
· Be well-organized and keep accurate Excel spreadsheets of student and volunteer information
· Recruit volunteers and class members over the telephone and in person
- Write solicitation letters and email marketing flyers and other promotional materials
- Proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Dropbox
- Use NationBuilder database system to help you assess activity with community partners and other work-related data
- To work remotely, with a flexible schedule of 30 hours
- Compensated at a rate of $20/hour
- A $50 monthly phone stipend
- $250 monthly toward a health plan of your choice
- Training and tools to help you succeed, along with guidance from the current Education Coordinator
- Challenging work that builds your skills and leadership portfolio
- Ongoing support and guidance from the Executive Director
- Recognition for your achievements and contributions
- A great team of motivated people to work with
- An Associate’s degree in Education, Public Administration, Social Services, Finance, Business or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two+ years of related professional experience; preferably in a social service agency environment
- Mastery of English and Spanish
- Knowledge of health education programs
- Enthusiasm to help improve your community around mental health related issues
- The ability to assess your needs, ask for what you need, and start your work without being prompted
- Management/leadership experience
- A goals-oriented, leadership mindset; you enjoy sharing knowledge with others
- Consistent, reliable, follow-through
- Strong written communication, public speaking, and organizational skills
- The ability to think critically about how to solve self-identified problems and execute solutions
- Basic Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills
- The ability to learn a simple database, NationBuilder
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write San Fernando Valley Education Coordinator in the subject line and include a brief cover letter in the body of the e-mail.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideal candidates will be fluent in English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required