Full Time Contract
Camp Wakonda and Camp Lanowa are offering the service opportunity of a lifetime to interested and motivated people - a chance to experience an unforgettable summer helping homeless children experience the great outdoors! Located on a fresh water lake in Harriman State Park and just 1 hour from NYC, we serve a co-ed population of 75 campers ages 7-9 at Camp Wakonda and 120 campers ages 10-13 at Camp Lanowa. Our camps are American Camp Association Accredited and sponsored by the NYC nonprofit, Homes for the Homeless. For more information about our summer camp program, please visit us at www.hfhcamps.org.
We are seeking an upbeat and resourceful leader for the position of Assistant Director-Behavior Management. The Assistant Director assists with all aspects of camp programs and administration while communicating with the Camp Director on policies, procedures and Program Coordinator for coordination of all camp activities.
· Implement and oversee the Camps Behavior Management plan as well as assisting staff in implementing.
· On a daily basis meet with the Camp Director, Program Coordinator and Unit Leaders to address and provide support to staff concerning camper behavior issues.
· Providing enhanced support to campers experiencing behavior issues.
· Communicating with parents about campers’ behaviors and see if they can provide input on how to help their camper succeed at camp.
· Ensure camp is providing a safe and supportive emotional environment.
· Updating Camp Director on the process of a camper’s behavior issues.
· A minimum age of 22 and two years of camping experience in a leadership capacity.
· A minimum of two years of higher education. Social Work, Psychology or social science majors encouraged to apply.
- Valid driver’s license.
· Desire to work and live in the great outdoors from June 2 through August 21, 2018.
· Experience with Trauma Informed Care preferred
- Pass State Central Register Database Check (LDSS-3370) and criminal background check.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
You will also need to provide:
- Three letters of reference
- A physical exam by a licensed Medical Doctor and be up to date with all required immunizations
- Additional special skills and certifications (First Aid, CPR, EMT, and other) are a plus.
Summer 2018 Camp Schedule
· Saturday, June 2nd staff is expected to arrive
· Monday, June 18th General Staff Training begins at 12 Noon
Session 1: Thursday June 28, 2018 - Wednesday July 11, 2018
· Sunday, July 15th staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 2: Monday July 16, 2018 - Monday July 30, 2018
· Thursday, August 2nd staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 3: Friday August 3, 2018 - Friday August 17, 2018
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required