Western States Center Job Announcement
POSITION AVAILABLE: Part-time, Temporary Administrative Assistant
Based in the Pacific Northwest and Mountain States, we work nationwide to strengthen inclusive democracy by Building movements, Developing leaders, Shifting culture and Defending democracy. Due to increased growth we are looking for a part-time, temporary Administrative Assistant to help with some of our most foundational tasks.
You will help advance the work and mission of Western States Center in an administrative capacity, primarily by coordinating and accurately entering data into and retrieving data from a Salesforce database. This will be a 10-15 hour per week position, budget allowing, for at least 6 months.
The part-time temporary administrative assistant will work under the direction of Operations Manager. Primary responsibilities include:
● Data entry into Salesforce
● Credit Card reconciliations
● Other administrative tasks
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
● Experience working with highly confidential materials
● Possesses intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills
● Reconcilation of credit card transactions
● Moderate experience with Salesforce database (setting up campaigns, pulling reports)
● Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
● Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
● Ability to effectively communicate with, at times, multiple parties, electronically and in person to accomplish tasks
Location and Travel
This position requires the administrative assistant to work in the Western States Center office, located in the Portland Oregon Metro area.
Salary & Benefits
This is a part-time temporary position. Pay range is from $16-$17 per hour.
To apply, please submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line 1) your first name initial with last name and 2) title “Temporary Admin Assistant Application”:
● Cover letter, 1 page, with the following:
○ Give us a sentence or two telling us a little about yourself,
○ Clearly outline the specific skills and knowledge or accomplishments you bring to the job and how they are a good fit with the responsibilities of this position;
○ Experience with social justice, movement building/organizing or involvement in establishing diversity, equity and inclusion for marginalized groups? Tell us a little about how you operated in that environment.
● Three references
Western States Center is an EEO employer and encourages applications from people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, and women.
Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Minimum Education Required