160 Lawrence Avenue
Why Join ADAPT?
It's more than a job; it's a calling. It's where passion meets purpose. ADAPT Community Network, formerly United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) of NYC provides a multitude of services to people with developmental disabilities. At ADAPT, we are 3,000 strong, and it takes every one of us to empower the lives of the people we support. With caring and great resources at hand, we know what it takes to help people live fuller, happier, healthier lives. Our employees show their commitment to the people we support every day, and we all deliver on our promise to provide innovative and comprehensive services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
For your next career move, apply with us at ADAPT Community Network! Wherever you work among our many locations around New York City, ADAPT offers paid training, competitive benefits, and we foster a team culture of learning, support, collaboration and career growth.
Under the supervision of the ECDC Director, the Early Childhood Specialist is responsible for providing assistance to families and professionals about EI and Preschool Special Education service delivery systems and other services and Community resources available for young children with disabilities.
The duties and responsibilities of the Early Child Specialist will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the Director in forming collaborative relationships with the community.
• Assist the Director in the preparation of the quarterly report sent to NYSED.
• Assures confidentiality of information about all children and families receiving services.
• Follows systematized intake and referral procedures to link children with disabilities to appropriate services.
• Maintain confidential child record.
• Assist the Director in keeping the ECDC web page current.
• Assist the Director in maintaining the various ECDC data bases.
• Participate in technical assistant training conducted by the ECDC.
• Attend interagency meetings, trainings, workshops and conferences to summarize the information for ECDC staff.
• Will attend regular supervision with the Director and implement agreed procedures/activities.
• Communicate to families and professionals current information on the EI and Preschool Special Education service delivery systems including laws, regulations, policies and also OPWDD services and agencies serving the DD community and at risk populations.
• Services as liaison with external entities.
• Keeps abreast of changes in field.
• Represents agency by serving on internal and external committees.
• Perform other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read, write and speak and understand English.
• Good interpersonal skills are required in order to interact effectively with employees, coworkers and outside contacts.
• Must be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Fully conversant with agency selected word processing, spreadsheet computer software programs and e-mail system.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to analyze problems and determine corrective measures.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Willing to travel to various agency sites and to outside community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Education, Social Work, Special Education, Psychology, Speech Language Pathology or related service area for students with disabilities.
• At least two years of work experience serving parents of children with disabilities in a public or private school and/or community service agency setting.
ADAPT Community Network is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds and status are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels
Minimum Education Required