510 East 62nd Street
The Animal Medical Center in New York City is looking for a full time Director of Digital Communications. The Director of Digital Communications is responsible for overseeing AMC’s website, social media channels, and email marketing, and developing and implementing digital strategies that align with the institution’s mission and goals, while driving web traffic and increasing engagement across social media channels. The position oversees the development, execution, evaluation, and measurement of the digital communications strategy and plan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, execute, evaluate, and measure the digital communications strategy to ensure that all digital assets are coordinated and in support of institutional objectives.
- Plan multi-channel web, SEO/SEM, email, and paid social plans and campaigns.
- Manage both daily and long-term updates for the website.
- Ensure that the website is SEO-friendly.
- Manage outside web developer and all website consultants to address any technical issues that may arise, and continually optimize the website, so it aligns with best practices.
- Proactively create content to engage visitors.
- Ensure that all website content is up to date.
- Proofread and update weekly blog posts.
- Oversee AMC's email marketing, including developing email content and scheduling and sending emails.
- Track email data to continually optimize email marketing program.
Social Media Marketing and Management
- Manage all AMC's social media channels.
- Develop and post daily content with the objective to engage and grow digital audience.
- Create, manage and update annual social media calendar.
- Manage digital advertising campaigns.
- Identify emerging platform opportunities and create digital campaigns that help to propel the business.
- Share bi-weekly report on client comments on digital channels and address any emerging customer service issues in a timely fashion.
- Regularly respond to comments, questions, and issues received via social channels.
- Serve as Editor in Chief of the rDVM Quarterly newsletter overseeing production and copy, including writing the CEO’s letter.
- Create and maintain online giving pages for Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing and cultivating an organization’s digital presence.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Qualified and interested candidates should send resume and cover letter directly via Idealist or fax to (212) 758-8157.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits, including sign-on bonuses for LVTs and VTS, medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, pet care discounts, continuing education benefits, and more!
Minimum Education Required