Details: Salary - $14.00 to $15.00 per hour
2001 Mississippi Ave., SE
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The incumbent is responsible for the direct care and supervision of youth who reside in CHW's Residential Programs in a manner which reflects the mission, philosophy and policies of Covenant House.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Residential Advisors
SUMMARY OF DUTIES (Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:)
• Establish a positive rapport with the youth we serve while maintaining a professional relationship.
• When assigned, serve as Youth “Primary” providing support and supervision to the youth in the residential program. Manages the day-to-day activities according to Covenant House Washington Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure the facility is secure at all times.
• Encourage youth to maintain clean and neat living areas.
• Review goals, objectives and the youth focus calendar with youth on a weekly basis, completing the youth’s weekly reports.
• Respond to crisis calls as necessary.
• Report all maintenance concerns to the Senior Residential Advisor in a timely fashion.
• Maintain an environment in which the needs of the youth are addressed in a manner that is comfortable, motivating, and secure for them.
• Conduct intake assessments as necessary.
• Counsel youth as necessary in a manner that includes, respect, honesty, non-judgment and empathy.
• Conduct all safety related drills.
• Participate in all required training and staff meetings.
• Lead and/or participate in group activities and meetings for youth as assigned.
• Complete log notes and other required documentation in youth records.
• Assist youth in planning appropriate community based and leisure activities.
• Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as necessary.
• Serve as an appropriate role model for youth.
• Assist youth in preparing for daily routines to include sufficient time for all household management tasks.
• Maintain receipts and appropriate documentation for all petty cash expenditures and submit to the Residential Coordinator as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This position does not supervise any other position.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Regular internal contact with all CHW staff, occasional outside contact with outside agencies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 years working with at-risk youth. Clean Driver's Record.
Knowledge: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Training on youth/adolescent issues such as motivating and building rapport with youth. Computer knowledge preferred.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands:
• Considerable concentration. • Constant interruptions. • Moderate noise level. • Moderate sitting, standing, eye strain, walking, bending and lifting. In order to be considered for continuation in the Application Process, interested candidates MUST MEET the minimum qualifications listed in this posting. FULL TIME, PART TIME, and PER DIEM (ON-CALL) positions available.
Competitive benefits available if eligible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates please send your Cover Letter and Résumé to email@example.com (Place:RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR in the subject line only). Visit our website at www.covenanthousedc.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
If your experience and skill set meet our current opening requirements, you will be contacted to proceed with the application process. Thank you for your interest in Covenant House Washington!
Covenant House Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.