Details: Commensurate with experience.
150 Court Street
The Fund Development Officer will play a key role in overseeing communications, volunteer management, and contributing to overall fundraising for the organization. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator, researcher and writer, and will work with the Director of Development and Communications, agency leadership, and program teams to produce persuasive written collaterals including proposals, reports, and other materials that represent AAFSC’s mission and its diverse programming—Adult Education and Literacy, Anti-Violence Program, Health Program, Legal Services, Preventive Services, and Youth Program. A commitment to immigrant, refugee and low-income communities is essential for success in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and copy-edit high-quality proposals, applications, reports, concept notes, briefs, letters of inquiry, acknowledgements, and other written materials for submission to private, government, and individual funders in support of AAFSC programming.
- Support Capacity Building and Organizational Learning team in evaluating program frameworks, logic models, outcomes, and indicators for optimal impact reports.
- Work with AAFSC’s leadership to expand revenue sources through prospect identification, research, and strategic outreach.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications, support the creation and management of fundraising plan, grants calendar, and update income streams throughout fiscal year.
- Oversee donor management system, Bloomerang, to track donors, potential donors, engagement level, and acknowledgement letters. Generate reports as needed.
- Ensure accuracy in record-keeping related to funding, and funder’s history/profiles including but not limited to donor databases.
- Support in development, planning, management and implementation of fundraising and cultivation activities.
- Develop and continually update events calendar.
- Help develop and implement a strong communications plan for the organization. Analyze and report on metrics.
- Build a strategy to increase the number of individuals in our portfolio.
- Support the development of the organization’s visual brand, ensuring consistency in voice, visuals, and messaging across various communications platforms.
- Manage the maintenance, technology support, and content updating of AAFSC web site and social media platforms in coordination with Director of Development and Communications.
- Draft and send organizational newsletters and eBlasts in coordination with Director of Development and Communications.
- Support the production of fundraising materials including but not limited to Annual Impact Report Card and event flyers.
- Prepare press releases and press kits.
- Work with Program staff to build a strong pipeline of volunteers for the organization.
- Recruit and retain an engaged portfolio of volunteers.
- Manage intake, onboarding, and follow-up with all volunteers.
- Support recruitment and coordination of Advisory Council.
- Attend professional development and capacity building trainings in line with various grant requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years related experience in communications or grant writing, prospect research and reporting (including budgets and financial reporting) with a proven track record of securing funding, increasing engagement, and a working knowledge of funding processes.
- Proven track-record of developing and implementing communications plans.
- Excellent research, analytic, and written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate ideas and programs into convincing donor collaterals.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as a part of a team, in a deadline-driven environment.
- Successful candidate must be flexible, adaptable and a problem solver that is willing to collaborate during unexpected change of plans.
- Strong computer and technological skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, CRM systems, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Individuals with background in journalism or other persuasive writing skills are welcome to apply.
- Individuals with previous professional or personal experience with new immigrants and refugees are encouraged to apply.
Our full-time employees receive the following:
- 12 sick days
- 5 floating holidays
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 vacation days per year (up to 3 years); 20 vacation days per year after 3 years of employment
- After 3 months, eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance (individual is fully covered at 100%; additional family is covered by employee under or outside of plan)
- 403b Plan
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Voluntary Aflac coverage
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit 3 references (other than relatives), a resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experiences meet the responsibilities and qualifications of the position via email to email@example.com. No phone queries please. All cover letters and resumes must be submitted via email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.