TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms and schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes and are backed by Google.org, AT&T, Carnegie Corporation, Schmidt Futures, Stanford University and NewSchools Venture Fund, to name a few. Most recently we were named an evidence-based learning platform to support by MIT’s J-Pal, and our research partners include University of Chicago and MIT. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
TalkingPoints is looking for an experienced marketing manager to support our partner-focused marketing initiatives. This role would report to the head of marketing, and support our partnership team in marketing to school and district purchase decision-maker prospects, creating marketing collateral, developing and managing thought leadership webinars, creating and sharing value-add content with current district and school partners, and executing paid marketing campaigns. You'll be working closely with a small but mission-driven team to help TalkingPoints elevate our offering among K-12 education leaders and school/district purchase decision-makers in order to have a greater impact on improving student outcomes through effective family engagement.
- Develop and facilitate the execution of one or more thought leadership webinars for education leader prospect audiences. Develop strategy and execute promotional plan to drive registrations and post-event leads/conversions
- Manage execution, optimization, and analysis of paid media campaigns, including social media, focused on brand awareness and lead generation within the education influencer community and channels; support paid marketing strategy and execution for broader teacher and parent communities
- Develop and maintain landscape of trade marketing opportunity areas, including conferences and paid media opportunities
- Support sales enablement through partner-facing marketing materials, including testimonials, case studies, blog posts, and other collateral
- Monitor competitor positioning, messaging, and marketing/promotional activities
- Identify and help drive meaningful and engaging content to support partner marketing goals, such as blog posts, newsletters, articles, resources, videos, and other materials to add value to current and potential customers in the K-12 space
- Ensure all communications support org positioning and meet quality, branding, voice, and content guidelines
Who you are
- 5+years experience working in the K-12 education marketing/advertising sector
- Recent experience executing, optimizing, and analyzing paid social media campaigns
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision making skills with results-driven mindset, with the ability to establish key metrics, implement data tools, and tell compelling stories through qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong written communication, positioning, and writing skills
- Highly collaborative and able to work with multiple stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Growth marketing and/or brand marketing experience for application platform/products
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Experience in or empathy with communities we serve (e.g., underserved populations, education, immigration, bilingual and/or multicultural environments)
- Direct experience with K-12 schools
Overall fit with our org culture - we look for team members who are
- User and mission-oriented: we are devoted to our mission with empathy towards the communities we serve.
- All-in together: we go above and beyond the job description, working together as a team.
- Agile & action-oriented: we get things done, knowing that our progress is urgent to our communities.
- Always Learning: we are always learning, with a growth mindset, to reach our full potential.
- Boldly Courageous: we take risks in order to achieve big things.
- Resourceful: We are creative, solution-oriented, and scrappy.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, benefits, and unlimited vacation
- Flexibility to work remotely
- 401K match
- Fun, smart, dynamic, motivated team focused on working together to transform family engagement to serve the families who need it most
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and a link to your LinkedIn profile