125 Parker Hill Avenue
Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, the Donor Services Associate is a member of the Baptist’s philanthropy team. S/he is responsible for the recording, receipting, and acknowledgment of all philanthropic gifts to the hospital and will provide essential support with gift stewardship, monthly reconciliations, database maintenance, and other projects as needed.
- Process all gifts and pledges, from receipt of checks, credit card gifts, etc., through donor acknowledgment, reporting, and filing of backup documentation.
- Data entry of all gifts received
- Responsible for processing and tracking all matching gift forms, credit card transactions, online giving, and in-kind gifts
- Preparation of acknowledgments for all gifts
- Filing backup documentation and copies of acknowledgement letters
- Updating of biographical information in database of record as provided by constituent’s information on checks and/or correspondence
- Oversees all tribute gifts. Prepares acknowledgment letters and notification letters to family members with the list of people who made gifts in memory/honor of their loved ones.
- Responds to inquiries from donors and determines appropriate staff to follow up.
- Follows specific procedures related to stock gifts.
- Monitors website donations; may participate in the research and redesign of online giving web page and philanthropy website.
- Generates monthly reports and reconciles with other development and fiscal reports.
- Monitors and records all payroll deductions. Balances monthly totals with the Fiscal Department.
- Performs data maintenance.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, and the ability to learn new programs required.
- Rigorous attention to detail and keen problem-solving skills.
- Experience with fundraising operations and gift processing is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of fundraising databases, such as Raiser’s Edge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Must be discreet, tactful and able to provide a high level of customer service.
New England Baptist Hospital (NEBH) is a national leader in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic and musculoskeletal conditions. Recognized as one of the best orthopedic programs in the country, NEBH is the official hospital of the Boston Celtics and has provided services to U.S. Olympic teams and other elite athletes.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://www.nebh.org/careers to view a complete job description and to apply. EOE.