Details: The salary is commensurate with experience.
18 Tremont Street
Communications and Events Manager
Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association
Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA) is the non-profit umbrella organization for affordable housing and community development activities in Massachusetts. Established in 1967, CHAPA has a diverse and active membership of more than 1,500 people and hundreds of organizations, including volunteers and professionals in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. CHAPA pursues its goals through advocacy with local, state, and federal officials; research; education and training; consensus-building; and programs to expand rental and homeownership opportunities for low and moderate income residents. For more information, please visit www.chapa.org.
CHAPA is seeking an energetic and tech-savvy individual to join our staff as a Communications and Events Manager. The individual we are seeking must be comfortable handling a variety of responsibilities within the organization and work well independently.
- Manage and update content on CHAPA’s website, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Organize and implement CHAPA’s communications and media plan, including:
· Tracking related stories in the media and coordinating/writing responses
· Arranging editorial board meetings
· Maintaining an up-to-date media list
· Helping to draft press releases
- Oversee and edit monthly e-briefs
- Design and produce invitations, flyers, brochures and reports for CHAPA, including CHAPA’s Annual Report.
- Manage CHAPA’s Annual Dinner, an evening event that attracts over 1,200 people, including:
- Handling and/or overseeing all logistics for the event
- Working with event staff point person at the Convention Center to organize schedule and event menu
- Creating a “Save the Date,” pledge form, invitation and program booklet
- Organizing tables and ticket distribution
- Working with CEO and Board President on PowerPoint presentation.
- Manage all of CHAPA’s other events (breakfast forums, trainings and conferences), including overseeing registration and ticket purchases
- Other event management and media tasks as they arise.
This position will report to the Programs Director.
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to accurately edit others’ work
- Highly organized and motivated
- Strong computer and design skills, including knowledge of (or ability to quickly learn) InDesign, Photoshop, Drupal, email marketing services (such as MailChimp), databases (CHAPA uses NEON) and Microsoft Office suite (including Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with event and meeting management technologies such as video conferencing, webcasting, webinars and onsite electronic event registration
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Support of and enthusiasm for CHAPA’s mission, including sensitivity to the needs of families and individuals with lower incomes; experience in affordable housing or community development a plus.
CHAPA is an equal opportunity employer;
We value diversity and encourage individuals of various backgrounds to apply.
CHAPA provides a generous package of benefits including vacation and sick time, health insurance, short-term disability insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits.
Minimum Education Required