The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to funding innovative research and serving the lymphoma community through a comprehensive series of education programs, outreach initiatives and patient services. LRF’s mission is to eradicate lymphoma and serve those touched by this disease. To date, the Foundation has awarded nearly $65 million in lymphoma-specific research.
The Foundation’s professional education programs provide a local forum for healthcare professionals to meet on a regular basis and address issues specific to the diagnosis and treatment of their lymphoma patients. Currently these programs take place in X markets across the United States. The Foundation currently seeks a Program Manager who will assist in the development of these education programs and manage their implementation, including attending the in-person events. (Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these programs are currently hosted virtually.) The Program Manager will also work to develop and expand LRF’s program outreach and marketing strategy.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Programs and Strategy and is based in New York City.
- Assist with the planning, execution and expansion of LRF professional education programs portfolio.
- Provide on-site and virtual registration support at professional education programs.
- Assist with the preparation and shipment of program materials and collateral; ensure program displays maintain brand excellence.
- Facilitate the production and shipment of program supplies and materials; maintain inventory of all program supplies.
- Coordinate program venue, venue logistics and/or virtual platform, as needed.
- Coordinate program marketing and outreach strategy, including:
- Work with designer and printer/mail house to develop and ship marketing materials and signage for programs.
- Create queries and pull constituent lists for mailing materials from LRF database.
- Draft promotional web and email content for the programs.
- Collaborate with communications team to coordinate email and marketing material distribution.
- Work with speaking faculty and their institutions to promote programs in the community.
- Research and identify optimal ways to leverage LRF professional education programming to expand LRF’s outreach and mission.
- Research and identify engagement opportunities with healthcare professionals to promote LRF programs and resources; cultivate relationships to display and disseminate LRF patient materials in medical centers across the country.
- Provide administrative support to Program Steering Committees.
- Manage the development and expansion of LRF’s professional programming to support and educate nurses.
- Attend meetings with the LRF Programs team to discuss upcoming programs, outreach and marketing, and increased opportunities for interdepartmental collaboration.
- Manage qualitative and quantitative program evaluation responses, including data entry, report creation and data evaluation.
- Support the grant writing/ reconciliation process.
- Develop evaluation reports for funders and relevant stakeholders.
- Process check requests and monitor program funds.
- Study and monitor national trends in continuing medical education.
- Additional administrative support for the department, as needed.
- Ability to work nights and weekends is required. Professional education programs are held on evenings and weekends in various cities across the United States. During the COVID-19 pandemic these programs are hosted virtually.
- Travel to LRF sponsored programs and other work-related meetings as needed.
- When programs resume as in-person events, all travel is domestic.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional program development/planning experience.
- Prior work with outreach to healthcare professionals is preferred.
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented and ability to work in fast–paced, growing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to monitor and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Highly motivated with ability to work within a small team and take on tasks as assigned.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required; working knowledge of HTML, Survey Monkey and Adobe Creative suite is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud/Luminate Online is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, a positive attitude, and commitment to teamwork are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.