Job Title – Corporate Relations & Marketing Assistant | Reports to – Director, Marketing & Corporate Relations
Baby2Baby is a non-profit that provides children living in poverty, ages 0-12 years, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 9 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 100 million items to hundreds of thousands of children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools, as well as children across the country who have lost everything in the wake of disasters.
Baby2Baby is actively searching for a mission-driven, detail-oriented Corporate Relations & Marketing Assistant to join the team. This is a full-time position focused on securing sponsorships and donations from the organization’s corporate partners, updating key marketing materials and supporting the Corporate Relations and Marketing department throughout the year.
The Corporate Relations & Marketing Assistant will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office setting. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the ability to work from home is required.
- Solicits and secure new donations of children’s essentials through ongoing research, proactive outreach and introductory phone calls.
- Tracks and maintains all corporate donor information.
- Builds and maintains wholesale sponsor relationships and executes purchases.
- Coordinates donations secured by the department.
- Assists with creating case studies and recaps for completed sponsorships.
- Drafts invoices, donation letters and payment forms.
- Updates Baby2Baby’s marketing and promotional materials including one-sheets, signage, decks and all collateral for potential and existing donors.
- Assists with tracking and creating press clips for use in decks, website, social media etc.
- Uploads and organizes photos and collateral.
- Assists with website maintenance and updates including logos, photos and press clips.
- Facilitates marketing needs at each Baby2Baby event including photo requirements, signage and AV set up.
- Liaises with third party agencies and vendors including graphic design, web development, print shops, etc.
- Maintains email marketing database and assists with creation of Baby2Baby newsletters.
- Tracks expenses and prepares ongoing expense reports.
- Assists with scheduling and administrative tasks for the Department.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, etc.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and self-starter mentality.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow-up, and able to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional client and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to run errands using the Baby2Baby vehicle.
- Basic Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred.
- Experience in PR & brand outreach preferred.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.