The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
As Head of Finance you will implement predetermined financial management standards in our programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work in accordance with the formal and content-related specifications. In close cooperation with other departments, you will report directly to the Country Director of our Country Office Turkey.
- Supervising the financial administration of the regional office and all measures to re-finance the regional office
- Ensuring that financial administrative processes in the regional office are auditable and efficient
- Instructing and supporting projects and project partner organisations (PPO) in financial management
- Controlling and supporting budget planning and adjustment (own and outside funds) and transferring the budget to Welthungerhilfe's cost and financial plans
- Controlling project bookkeeping (own and PPO) and ensuring internal and external financial reporting occurs in due time
- Examining the annual accounts of projects and submitting these to the Head Office in due time
- Coordinating regional office statements on audit and accounting reports and checking the implementation of appropriate recommendations and requirements
- Checking compliance with the Assignment Allocation Regulations (AAR) and the management of relief supplies
- Promoting compliance with Welthungerhilfe standards for the remuneration system, travel expenses, insurances etc.
- Involvement in all financial administrative matters with actual and potential co-financers on site
- A university or polytechnic degree or business training with additional special knowledge in accounting and controlling
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience
- Experience working outside of Europe would be an advantage
- Deep knowledge of the financial management of projects
- Profound coordination, organisation and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong intercultural competence
- Motivated and willing to take the initiative (determination)
- Excellent spoken and written English, German and/or Turkish language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 12, 2020 by following this link.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.