Educational Alliance brings together and partners with diverse communities in Lower Manhattan, offering individuals and families high-quality, multi-generational programs and services that enhance their well-being and socioeconomic opportunities. We are a place where everyone is welcome and where progress is powered one relationship at a time. We are proud of our legacy as a Jewish organization and we provide high-quality, transformational services and programs to all New Yorkers through our network of community centers on Manhattan’s Lower East Side and East Village. As we have for 130 years, we offer best-in-class programming–now across 15 sites—focusing on a mix of education, health and wellness, arts and culture, and civic engagement.
Early Childhood at Manny Cantor Center is a pioneering integrated preschool program, blending Head Start, UPK and private funding to serve families across the economic spectrum on the Lower East Side. Our inspired, responsive and progressive program is built on a few simple principles: All children are competent, capable and curious. All families have something to contribute. We are stronger together.
Early Childhood at Manny Cantor Center is helping to build a vision for progressive education on the Lower East Side. Inspired by progressive preschools around the world, we believe that all children learn through inquiry, exploration and play in the context of strong relationships and a sense of belonging. Our Associate Director for Compliance and Operations provides critical support to families, teachers and staff, and works with a team to facilitate the day-to-day operations of our school.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
· Leader within a department serving over 250 families within Manny Cantor Center’s (MCC) Early Childhood Education program.
· Ensure full compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations, laws and standards that govern our programs and facilities, including permit applications and recertifications, child and personnel files, Head Start eligibility, and preparing for audits and site inspections so that our school is “review ready.”
· Work with a diverse community, including a significant Mandarin-speaking population.
· Partner with the teaching staff and administration in the overall philosophy and direction of the preschool, and develop collaborative processes to ensure compliance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Oversee compliance for Early Childhood at MCC
· Inform and help to shape the Operation and Program Teams’ processes, protocols and approach to data collection and record keeping.
Program Compliance and Risk Assessment
· Sustain a collaborative team environment so that compliance is achieved throughout the preschool. Review, assess and implement standards; conduct assessments; and develop written goals, objectives, and plans to ensure compliance with federal Head Start Performance Standards (HSPS); NYC DOE, DOH and other applicable government agencies.
· Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement correction action plans and advise on strategies for preventing similar situations in the future.
· Collaborate with other agency departments and committees (e.g., Human Resources, Incident Review Committee, Operations Team, etc.) to evaluate and/or direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
· Work with staff to obtain licensing permits, complete renewal processes and make any necessary adaptations.
· Collaborate with staff to educate about compliance regulations, incident management, performance standards, while creating processes to ensure that program adheres to regulatory requirements and our educational philosophy.
· Review and maintain mandatory postings in classrooms and hallways.
· Collaborate and conduct quarterly site/classroom inspections and quarterly CACFP self-audits.
· Inspect first aid kits and maintain medical supplies.
· Coordinate monthly Fire Drills.
· Conduct regular site checks and self-audits.
· Be the point person for audits, inspections and site visits. Follow up regarding any findings or violations.
· Develop and update Safety Plan for site in collaboration with leadership team.
· Enter all incident reports into database.
· Maintain up-to-date files for all preschool children and staff, as required by DOH, DOE and Head Start.
· Oversee ChildPlus database to track and report on child and staff records.
· Work with Associate Director for Enrollment and Program Coordinators to ensure that families’ Head Start eligibility is documented and updated as needed.
· Review files regularly to ensure all documents are up to date. Conduct outreach to families as necessary to collect outstanding or expired documentation.
· Maintain up-to-date records for staff in coordination with HR by tracking staff medicals, trainings, study plans, etc. Oversee onboarding to welcome new staff into our school and collect all required documentation.
· Review personnel files regularly to ensure all current staff items are up to date. Follow up with staff to gather outstanding documentation.
Data Management and Analysis
· Maintain databases and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity.
· Troubleshoot data-related issues, coordinating with other departments as needed.
· Continuously work to streamline data collection and analysis procedures to ensure accurate and responsive reporting.
· Manage and update program files, case notes, class rosters and attendance in compliance with our funding requirements.
· Create effective and efficient organizational system for Early Childhood Office. Organize physical space in a way that is accessible and systematized. Design workflow processes for Program Coordinators to ensure program needs are met.
· Manage logistics and day to day operations of Early Childhood program, including answering phones, scanning, filing, faxing, copying, and answering the door.
· Process purchase orders, invoices and check requests. Maintain petty cash
Interactions with Staff, Children and Families
· Build respectful and reciprocal relationships with Staff, Children and Families so that compliance processes center stakeholder’s dignity, privacy and strengths.
· Build relationships within our preschool and agency to maintain program efficiency and delivery of services.
· Maintain all responsibilities of Mandated Reporting.
Training and Development
· Coordinate and schedule required trainings and certifications for staff.
· Coordinate and/or conduct training for staff around best practices in regards to compliance and health and safety.
· Train staff on data collection, analysis and reporting processes.
· Attend staff meetings, professional development, program enrichment and other events as assigned (sometimes outside of work hours).
· Perform other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree and experience managing program operations
· Experience with DOH, DOE and Head Start reporting and compliance systems
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to approach tasks that are complex and urgent in a systematic, deliberate, and efficient manner
· Experience working with young children, either formal or informal environments preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities and projects effectively
· Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations in a professional, courteous and friendly manner
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Aptitude for managing quantitative data from a number of different sources and keeping track of programmatic metrics
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
· Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, expertise in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
· Bilingual in Mandarin/Spanish preferred
· The ideal candidate will be a passionate and warm collaborator, excellent communicator with proven success connecting and relating with students, parents, staff, and the community
· Team player with a passion for building relationships and fostering partnerships, both internal and external to Manny Cantor Center
· Self-motivated, highly efficient, and able to problem solve
· Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations in a professional, warm and friendly manner
Paid Holidays, Floating Holidays and Personal Days
Comprehensive Health Insurance
Free Gym Membership to our Manny Cantor Center Gym
403(b) Retirement Plan ü Discounts to programs at Educational Alliance
Generous Vacation Package
Educational Alliance brings together and partners with diverse communities in Lower Manhattan, offering individuals and families high-quality, multi-generational programs and services that enhance their well-being and…