Special Education Coordinator - Harlem
- Job posted by Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
147 Saint Nicholas Avenue
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Hebrew Public a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
About the Position:
Join an exciting community of educators and social changemakers who are passionate about global education and are committed to improved student learning and outcomes. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven Special Education Coordinator for the 2018-2019 school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the district and school personnel for special education services provided by the school
- Coordinates and oversees special education services and personnel to ensure students’ needs are being met
- Assumes some classroom teaching responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to the education of students with special needs, including ADA, IDEA, and students’ IEPs
- Provides specialized instructional support and leadership in progress monitoring, student observations, and consultation with general education teachers.
- Supports the development of students’ IEPs and curriculum development
- Demonstrates a relentless pursuit to promote excellence in student achievement and conduct
- Maintains and exemplifies culture of high expectations and accountability for scholarly and professional conduct
- Facilitates the development and administration of policies related to students with special needs
- Supports faculty in curriculum development, and promotion of effective classroom instruction and management
- Supports, prepares, and submits requisite reports in a timely manner
- NYS Special Education Certification
- Masters Degree in Special Education or related field
- Previous experience in leadership role preferred
- Minimum 3 years of successful teaching experience
- Track record of accomplishment and achievement
- Experience with and commitment to improving the quality of urban education, specifically for scholars who have been traditionally underserved
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter titled Special Education Coordinator to: email@example.com.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required