Full Time Temporary
Fight for $15 Communications Specialist
Temporary – 6 months
NO. OF POSITIONS
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
Fight for $15 is searching for a Communications Specialist who will work closely with leadership, Campaign Coordinator, and partner organizations to implement all aspects of integrated communications and new media operation to support the campaign.
- Advises and works with leaders to develop communications strategies and plans.
- Ensure high quality standards, best practices, and consistency of message throughout campaign.
- Plans, directs, and oversees work to develop brand, and implementation of public messages through earned and paid media, social media, allies and public forums.
- Responsible for design, preparation and editing of publications for internal and external audiences, including magazines, newsletters, flyers, brochures, radio ads, paid media and other communication vehicles.
- Pro-actively work with the media, respond to media enquiries and identify new media opportunities.
- Draft news releases, statements, articles, blog posts and case studies, liaising with continence experts as necessary
- Develop and implement digital strategy, including social and digital marketing.
- Manage social media presence, keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Ensure web content is kept regularly up-to-date and adheres to editorial house style and brand guidelines, including developing multi-media assets and managing campaign microsites.
- Recommends the hiring of video and multi-media producers, design and production companies and advertising outlets and directs and monitors their work.
- Prepares, manages, and monitors departmental, communications programs, and communications portion of campaign budgets.
- Performs other duties as needed to support goals and mission.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A high level of judgment; ability to take initiative and work independently; ability to collaboratively work with leaders, members, and staff in complex and sometimes sensitive political situations, always exercising a high level of professionalism.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in communications for a progressive political campaign, non-profit organization or Union.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Social Justice and Labor Movement.
- Proficiency in desktop publishing software, graphics or photo imaging software, Web page creation and editing software, and evaluates and recommends new and improved products.
- Experience in video creation and editing software and Web platform development software.
- Must thrive in an environment with tight deadlines, changeling priorities, high-pressure and irregular hours.
Salary for this position is commensurate with the amount of relevant professional experience that a candidate possesses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in the title and every position does not necessarily require the same duties.
To apply please email a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FF$15-MD” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until May 1, 2018.
1199SEIU is an equal opportunity employer.