108-25 62nd Drive
Borough of Queens
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $40,000 - $50,000 per annum, commensurate with experience
SCHEDULE: 35 hours per week; flexibility to work occasionally on evenings and weekends required.
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified Community Engagement Coordinator with a strong commitment to community building and civic responsibility. S/he will work to support our broad network of programming in efforts to engage participants, and the community at large, in a wide array events from family and cultural activities to advocacy efforts such as the Queens Pride Parade and rallies in support of immigrant’s rights. Specific focus will be placed on building out QCH’s community hub model by supporting and training staff and participants in our existing community centers and Beacon programs. This position requires an innovative, dynamic and collaborative personality with exceptional people skills that lead to quickly engaging, relating to and motivating a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Responsible for supporting and growing community engagement activities in QCH’s diverse program areas.
- Provide support and training for staff tasked with community engagement activities.
- Develop strategies for engaging community members.
- Work to reinforce the agency’s community hub model by supporting events and activities that draw in the community, encourage volunteerism and civic engagement, and create dynamic and robust centers.
- Support engaging agency staff, participants and broader support network around advocacy efforts relevant to QCH’s mission and values.
- Assist in representing the agency at community events and outreach opportunities (fairs, local markets, forums, etc).
- Effectively set-up tracking systems to measure and analyze community participation in programs and special events.
- Participate in meetings, training and staff development activities.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, Communications, Management, Non-profit Leadership, Public Administration or related field required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of experience in community engagement or community organizing work.
- Self-starter, community-minded with strong relationship or “people skills.”
- Demonstrated experience of activity planning, group facilitation and event coordination.
- Experience in training, education or capacity building.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to speak another language preferred.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan offerings. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Community Engagement Coordinator” to Anna Dioguardi Moyano, Director of Community Building at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without an accompanying cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required