1730 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
JOB TITLE: Assistant to the President
REPORTS TO: President
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 2018
TO APPLY VISIT: http://ecoamerica.bamboohr.com/jobs
ORGANIZATION & PROGRAM BACKGROUND
ecoAmerica is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that uses research and strategic partnerships to create large-scale engagement programs that build awareness, understanding and action for climate and sustainability solutions among mainstream Americans. Founded in 2006, we have a core expertise in consumer marketing and focus on building the base for climate and sustainability solutions by connecting them to the core values and day-to-day concerns of Americans. Further information on our organization and programs is available at www.ecoamerica.org.
ecoAmerica is working to build a critical mass of institutional leadership, public support, political will and collective action for climate solutions in the United States. We develop and manage sector-based programs for the faith, health and communities’ sectors, empowering networks of trusted leaders and institutions to lead by example and engage stakeholders on climate action. Our goal is to put America on an irrefutable path to clean energy, ultimately leading toward a more sustainable and just future.
The Assistant to the President provides high-level administrative support to the President (75%) and the Sr. Director of Development (15%), including schedules, travel, meetings, agendas, calendar, database, research, correspondence and other communications. S/he also manages the Washington DC office (10%), welcoming visitors and performing daily office support responsibilities. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of organizational and interpersonal skills, be diplomatic yet assertive in dealing with others, have experience with office management and office technology, and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General duties. Manage and execute all administrative tasks required to efficiently and effectively support the President and Sr. Director of Development. Interface with other department staff to carry out President’s business requests. Deliver timely reminders to President concerning meetings, deadlines and other commitments.
Scheduling and calendar management. Solicit and review meeting requests, prioritize appointments, and coordinate scheduling with internal and external parties. Identify and reserve meeting space and arrange off-site meeting locations. Regularly review scheduled meetings, re-evaluate priorities, and modify previous scheduled appointments. Update multiple calendars on multiple systems. Consistently monitor email and other communications to ensure that all scheduling is coordinated, logistics confirmed, and appropriate parties informed. Ensure the President's schedule is followed and respected. Provide calendar reporting.
Travel planning and expense reporting. Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, travel documents, and itineraries. Research and present airline, hotel, and other travel options. Maintain and organize paper and electronic receipts. Complete travel expense reports for the President.
Correspondence management. Open, sort, and distribute President’s mail. Answer President’s calls, review voicemails, and prepare message notes. Review and draft President’s written correspondence. Maintain confidentiality of all personnel, board of directors, donor and additional leadership matters.
● Welcomes all visitors to ecoAmerica and answers phones.
● Maintains a tidy and efficient office environment.
● Maintains conference rooms and video conference systems, ensuring the rooms are prepped before scheduled meetings and equipment is in working order.
● Processes all incoming mail and serves as overnight mail point of contact. Maintains postage.
● Monitors office supplies inventory and purchases supplies and other goods as necessary.
● Key point of contact for the phone system. Orientates new employees and sets up their directories and voicemails.
● Serves as a point of contact with building management and ensures all employees have building/suite access.
● Coordinates logistics for all staff gatherings in the DC office.
● Maintains organization calendar; schedules conference rooms using Google Calendar.
● Assists with scheduling new employee orientations.
● Assists the Events Director in preparing board materials and with the logistical aspects of board meetings, summits and dinners.
● Assists staff by responding to reasonable requests for support.
● Assists the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) by serving as the point of contact in the Washington DC office for all IT/office technology issues.
● Solves minor IT/office technology issues or identifies problem(s) and appropriately refers to the CAO or solutions provider.
● Liaises with outsourced technical and computer system vendor(s) when necessary.
● Sets up new computers with appropriate programs, emails and calendars; trains new staff on the use of, and is custodian of computers and office equipment in WDC.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
● Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of executive assistant experience supporting and/or serving as an assistant to executive level staff.
● Exemplary scheduling and organizational skills, including the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously within competing time and other criteria.
● Effective communication both orally and in writing, including demonstrated proficiency in grammar, editing and proofreading.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage relationships with staff, Boards of Directors, government officials, and senior professionals and executives.
● Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
● Ability to deliver high quality work, quickly, in a dynamic organization under time pressure.
● Assertive, creative & collaborative to anticipate and resolve challenges and business needs.
● Knowledge of and proficiency with Apple operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and calendars, Salesforce and social media.
● Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent tasks.
● Must work with a positive, flexible attitude, and be able to support multiple managers with sometimes conflicting demands.
● Commitment to climate and environmental solutions and ecoAmerica’s mission.
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Local and/or national travel periodically required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ecoAmerica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ecoAmerica complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ecoAmerica expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ecoAmerica’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online at http://ecoamerica.bamboohr.com/jobs