31 Evans Terminal
The Community FoodBank of NJ is looking for a SNAP-Ed Director to be responsible for all aspects of strategic delivery and financial accountability of the Community FoodBank of NJ’s state grant funded nutrition education program contract. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Programs and is located in the Hillside, NJ office with regular travel to our Egg Harbor Township, NJ office.
The Director will provide oversight for development, planning and implementation of the NJ SNAP-Ed, a nutrition education and obesity prevention effort being implemented statewide. This position is responsible for the launch and integration of this effort across Community FoodBank of New Jersey’s 12 county cohort (Atlantic, Cumberland, Cape May, Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Passaic, Salem and Union). The Director will spearhead process development to achieve program efficiencies and expansion; recruit, train and guide five manager-level staff; ensure cost-effective operational measures are developed and adhered to; develop monthly & quarterly reports; write proposals; implement and track budgets; and, guide program evaluation for reporting requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set the standards for meeting grant funded nutrition education program goals and fulfilling deliverables as set by the state contract. Program oversight includes, but is not limited to:
- Direct Nutrition Education Class Series
- Policy Systems & Environmental Change
- Lead development, planning, and implementation of nutrition education and related activities for multiple programs
- Work closely with CFBNJ Finance department in maintaining accurate programmatic financial accounting and delivering all required reports
- Attend meetings with Department of Family Services Division and groups
- Develop strategic partnerships with governmental, non-profit and corporations to deliver nutrition education interventions to limited resource participants
- Represent the program and CFBNJ and participate in state agencies and organizations as requested
- Complete quarterly grant reports to be submitted to the State Agency as well annual grant narrative
- Oversee the development of networking and health collaboratives to promote health and wellness within twelve NJ counties
- Works with the State Agency to develop effective social marketing initiatives for the grant funded nutrition education program
- Train staff on new outreach and marketing initiatives as well as nutrition education curricula
Qualified candidates must have at least 10 years of nutrition education/program management experience. Bi-lingual language skills (English and Spanish/Creole) is a plus. Must have the ability to manage a diverse team of direct reports with an eagerness to work with children and adults to educate on relevant nutrition related issues. Experience with budget oversight and grants management/reporting required. This position will have a varied work schedule that includes nights and weekends to meet the program scheduling needs and achieve deliverables. Applicants must have a car as travel to various sites is required along with the capability to carry bulk materials as necessary; up to about 40 lbs. Technical aptitude (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential for success, along with a positive, can-do attitude, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high degree of self-motivation.
Qualified candidates should send a resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required