About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Operations Specialist/Writer in the CEO’s Office provides the day-to-day oversight and support for activities within the CEO’s office.
1. Calendar Management: Work with various internal and external stakeholders to prepare for meetings and events as needed, including arranging prep meetings with relevant staff, developing briefing documents, speech-writing, and more
2. Fundraising: Work with fundraising staff to prepare the CEO for donor meetings and solicitations and manage follow-up
3. Communications: Manage written communications for CEO, including personal donor correspondence such as condolence, congratulations, and thank you notes; work with Donor Development Services on acknowledgements; work with HR on staff communications; and manage day-to-day communications such as responses to weekly message, call sheet, etc.
4. Attend select internal meetings with the CEO; compose notes and follow up on required items with appropriate members of staff
5. Promptly investigate inquiries, issues, or complaints and respond appropriately
6. Proactively connect relevant departments about issues of common concern
7. Participate in special assignments and projects as needed
8. Support the Chief of Staff with CEO initiatives such as coordinating Appropriations Steering Committee; development of Strategic Priorities; SET and SMG meetings and retreats, and other assignments as needed
· 2-3 years of professional work experience
· Highly motivated, self-starter who can keep pace in fast-paced environment
· Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized, and calm under pressure
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work with various internal and external organizational stakeholders
· Meticulous editing and proofreading skills
· Outstanding relationship building skills
· Ability to effectively communicate the vision of the CEO, representing his/her perspective on a variety of issues, and work with staff across the organization
· Ability to authentically represent staff perspectives to the CEO on their behalf
· Ability to anticipate the needs of the CEO, "roll with the punches", and be comfortable working in service of someone else.
· Ability to adeptly navigate a complex organization with many, sometimes competing, stakeholders
· Ability to work closely with senior professional and lay leadership
· Clear understanding of UJA-Federation’s mission and the work of the organization
· Preferred: Understanding of our grant making and how we do our work, as well as experience working with donors and volunteer leaders
· Bachelor’s degree required
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our…
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com…