Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking 3 casual FASD Mentors/Coaches (Youth and Family Counsellors) for our FASD Support Program. The Support Program provides caregiver mentorship, family coaching and support to caregivers and families of individuals with suspected or confirmed FASD. The successful candidates will provide services within a flexible, family driven and family centered approach, and will also help lead bi-weekly caregiver support networking meetings for caregivers and family members.
This position reports to the Program Manager of Eastside Family Centre.
- The FASD Family Mentor/Coach will provide direct support and coaching to families, including siblings, and other natural supports, in the clients’ homes, in schools and in communities.
- The FASD Mentor/Coach position provides flexible support to families throughout the week, including evening and weekend hours, to meet the needs of working, shift work and non-working families.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Lived experience as a caregiver, sibling or individual impacted by FASD
- Experience working with children and families required. Minimum two (2) years of related experience would be an asset.
- Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Nursing also an asset.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
- Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, FASD YFC casual’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.