310 Eighth Street
1. Organizational Overview
In youth sports, a well-trained, caring coach can make all the difference, helping kids translate skills learned on the playing field — persistence, teamwork, leadership and empathy — into success in school and beyond.
In poverty-stricken communities, there are kids who want to play sports, but too often the key ingredient is missing – a qualified, well-trained coach to fill that vital mentor role. Having a strong role model can have an outsized impact on kids facing the daily stresses of poverty, from higher rates of exposure to domestic violence and crime to skipping meals because often, families are forced to choose between putting food on the table and paying the rent.
Coaching Corps is fueling a movement of skilled coaches to give kids in these communities the sports mentors they want and deserve. By partnering with more than 200 afterschool programs across the country, we’re providing more than 100,000 underprivileged kids a year with the opportunity to play sports under the guidance of a caring, well-trained coach.
2. Position Overview
Based in Coaching Corps’ Oakland, CA. headquarters and reporting to the Executive VP in charge of Communications and Marketing, the Senior Manager of Community Engagement will have the opportunity to help build a national community of coaches, after school partners and others who believe in the difference a well trained coach can make in the life of a young person. This person will be responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating engagement content for all of Coaching Corps’ programs and assets including the Hall of Fame, Coaching Peer Learning Community, Game Changer Awards, and Alumni Association. This person would also be responsible for managing the community engagement software and systems to ensure capture, growth and effective management of lists.
3. Key Responsibilities/Duties
● In charge of digital strategy and execution for Coaching Corps, including:
○ Building a Coaching Peer Learning Community: a national community of coaches connected to Coaching Corps’ mission, sharing stories, data and insights about their work coaching youth in their communities;
○ Organizing the digital aspects of Coaching Corps’ major programs such as the Game Changer Awards and Hall of Fame;
○ Creating and overseeing an alumni outreach and engagement program.
● Online engagement.
○ Developing dynamic and consistent content strategy that engages current coaches and donors to volunteer,
○ Creating online tools - from web pages to social media tools - to encourage and facilitate online community building to connect coaches, donors and coach alumni.
● Database management. Creating and managing a central database of alumni.
● Internal team engagement. Working with members of Coaching Corps’ marketing and communications, program, and development teams to integrate coach and alumni engagement strategies.
● Oversight and management of the Alumni Outreach Coordinator.
This is a new role and a new position at Coaching Corps. As a result, the ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated ability to build programs and initiatives from scratch. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to build, organize and cultivate community - primarily online community, but also in person. Finally, the ideal candidate will have a passion for social change and working to support youth in low income communities living with the daily stressors of poverty. Other key qualifications include:
● Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience related to the key responsibilities specified.
● Desire to be creative in both developing concepts and in maximizing resources to achieve results.
● Strong command of using online platforms to build community, CRM, reporting and analytics.
● Digital marketing experience
● Motivated self-starter who possesses strong project and time management skills.
● Background in growing communities and user bases.
● Experience with analytics and performance tracking
● Experience writing code.
● Using best in breed tools to increase digital reach, such as marketing software and online community forum software.
● (Marketo, Marketing Cloud, etc.), website content management systems, and social media platforms required.
● Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
● Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
● Eager to work in a dynamic environment.
● Strong interest in sports-based youth development and coaching/mentoring.
● Experience working in the non-profit or sports-based youth development industries a plus but not required.
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
5. How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com with Senior Manager of Community Engagement in the subject line.
Coaching Corps is proud of its family-friendly, healthy, and engaging work environment. Coaching Corps offers highly competitive salaries and benefits.
We strongly encourage Coaching Corps alumni to apply.
Coaching Corps is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of its staff, partners and constituents.