Bilingual Administrative Assistant for Mother of Mercy Free Clinic in Manassas
- Job posted by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington
Mother of Mercy Free Medical Clinic Administrative Assistant
Summary– Catholic Charities-Arlington Diocese is seeking an experienced full-time (36-40 hour/week) Administrative Assistant for CCDA Mother of Mercy Free Medical Clinic located in Manassas, VA. This person will play a central role in the operational effectiveness and efficiency the clinic. The position requires a strong knowledge of administrative processes, policies and practices, and finance. The Administrative Assistant needs a strong customer service approach for internal and external clients; some medical experience is a plus.
Responsible for carrying out a wide variety of support and office management duties, to include reception and administrative responsibilities.
- Manage reception/ front desk area including, phone calls, mail, clients and visitors.
- Conduct eligibility screenings for clients desiring free health services.
- Make follow up calls to clients.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reports,
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Prepare vouchers, handle invoices, expense accounts etc.
- Provide other administrative support to Program Director as needed.
- Maintain a volunteer schedule and train volunteers in their duties.
- Attend meetings/fairs representing the clinic, which may take place some night or weekends.
- Required Skills
- As the first point of contact for visitors and callers, must maintain a polite and professional demeanor, treating every client with respect and a smile.
- Must be able to handle multiple competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment and help initiate organized responses.
- Display willingness to problem-solve and make decisions using sound and accurate judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality in communication with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Education and Experience
- High School diploma/GED required; further education and/or medical training a plus.
- Must be fully bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Minimum 6+ months of directly related experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Understands the workings of the Catholic faith.
- Experience in a customer service environment preferred.
Please send a cover letter illustrating English/Spanish proficiency with salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please
Vacation, sick, holiday, medical, dental, vision, pension.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fully bilingual English/Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter that illustrates English/Spanish proficiency, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org