Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Are you efficient at multitasking and self-motivated? Do you have excellent people skills and work well independently? If so, please join us.
As part of the Stanford Executive Education team, the Associate Director will serve as the face of Executive Education at Stanford to internal and external audiences. The Associate Director role will lead and administer programs or functions under minimal supervision.
Work is expected outside of the normal 8 am – 5 pm workday to support program operations and events. Some travel may be required. This role reports to a Director in Stanford Executive Education.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the planning and operations for functions or programs that have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise.
- Evaluate programs, policies and procedures. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.
- Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school. Represents the program or function at the university level and/or to external constituencies.
- Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance.
- May development and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Assess training needs and may develop associated training.
- May direct and/or supervise staff.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Knowledge of MBA curriculum preferred.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
· Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
· A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
· A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
· Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
· Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
Minimum Education Required