424 NE 22nd Avenue
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. For over 110 years, Albertina Kerr has successfully enriched lives of individuals experiencing mental health challenges and developmental disabilities. We're proud to be named as one of the top 10 non-profits in Oregon by Portland Business Journal for seven consecutive years!
We're seeking a Director of Individual and Planned Giving as our front-line fundraiser for major gifts and planned giving from individuals. You'll contribute to Albertina Kerr Centers Foundation's (AKCF) fundraising efforts by cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts. To find success, you'll leverage your aptitude for relationship-building, expertise in fundraising, and emotional intelligence as part of a team dedicated to growing our foundation funds, which enable us to continue and expand our programs and services. This position is a mix of individual contributions in planning, strategizing and initiating fundraising efforts, but also requires a high degree of collaboration and communication. Additionally, you'll manage our donor database (Raiser's Edge), support the Investment, Gift Acceptance & Planned Giving Committee, and may oversee up to two staff members.
Check out photos from our most recent fundraising event 24 Hours of Kerr and learn more about how these funds make a difference in this video. If you like to put the fun in fundraising, we encourage you to apply!
- A bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration or additional equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of major gift experience with demonstrated track record of success.
- Effective planning, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Broad knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial in nature--a self-starter who's psotive, optimistic and action- and results-oriented.
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and donor databases.
- Comfort and experience in presenting to individuals and small groups.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge donor database.
- Supervisory experience.
Apply online at www.AlbertinaKerr.org!
The nature of the services we provide prevents us from allowing in-person applications or inquiries. Albertina Kerr maintains a drug-free workplace. Albertina Kerr Centers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, or other factors protected by law. Individuals with disabilities can request accommodation in the application and employment process by contacting 503-262-0145
- Competitive Wages
- 100% paid Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for employee-only plans
- Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Holidays and Personal Accrued Leave (PAL)
- Retirement Savings Plan – 401(k)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Positive Work Environment
- Training & Advancement Opportunities
Minimum Education Required