9 Waterhouse Street
Are you flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and a quick learner?
Do you have experience in development, graphic design, communications, or an interest in learning more about nonprofit fundraising?
Join our team!
At the Tanzanian Children’s Fund (TCF), we acknowledge that creating a brighter future for a child or a community weighed down by poverty is a complex challenge requiring an innovative approach. For that reason, we are dedicated to providing a home and forever family for 97 children as well as improving education, increasing access to health care, and creating economic opportunities for our entire community in order to create lasting and positive change.
It’s an exciting time to be on the TCF team as we’re celebrating our 15th Anniversary! As we plan for the next fifteen years and beyond, we are looking for a dedicated and passionate team member to help us spread the word, expand our development capacity, and carefully monitor each donation and thoroughly thank each supporter.
As our Part-time Development and Communications Associate, you will be an essential part of our US team and work from our Cambridge office 10-15 hours per week starting ASAP. Days and times are flexible but must be between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
As with many small teams, priorities and specific responsibilities in our office are constantly changing and flexible but the primary responsibilities for this role are:
- Assist in event organization, including building guest-lists, designing invitations and coordinating with third-party vendors
- Format and edit documents to ensure polished presentation and consistency
- Assist in the creation and design of fundraising materials and grant reports
- Assist / develop crowdfunding campaigns as required
- Develop and manage a system for photo organization
- Research grant and fundraising opportunities
- Create donation deposit summary and share with relevant team members
- Create acknowledgement letters and tribute cards for all donations
- Contribute to regular correspondence with donors and stakeholders
- Oversee collection, tracking and acknowledgement of in-kind donations.
- Passionate about our mission
- Experience in nonprofit communications or development
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graphic design experience strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.